Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Make up your mind!

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 11 Replies
My body can't decide if it wants to go into labor or not! I spent majority of last week having contractions on and off, just when I think they are getting worse they suddenly stop. Went to Dr yesterday and asked her to check me ( which I normally don't do). I'm 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced and his head is fully engaged. I know this could mean nothing but still makes me wonder. Then this morning I lose my plug and start having the worst backache and what was feeling like contractions then they just stopped. Now I'm having contractions again! I just want my body to figure out if it is in labor or not!
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Sounds like things are getting started! How many weeks are you?

CMac26
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM
38 on Monday

Quoting GwenMB:

Sounds like things are getting started! How many weeks are you?

thetardis
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I'm in the same boat. For the last week, just when I think about calling to tell them I'm in labor, contractions stop. I have really painful ones randomly throughout the day and if it's not that it's a backache. I was 3cm and baby was engaged when they checked me on Wednesday. I'll also be 38 weeks on Monday, lol. It will probably still be another couple of weeks and that's fine but grrr I hate getting my hopes up.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM

hugs your so close.

mamaanl
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Walk, Walk, Walk, oh and did I say walk!? It will help speed up the process.  It helped with my last one. I walked ALL the time, as much as possible.

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Sounds to me like you are in labour and those on and off contractions are dilating you slowly and probably turning baby just right. 

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Its called prodromal labor (early labor) its just the early stages. With each contraction it moves you closer however. So the best thing you can do is relax when you can, rest when you can, take baths, etc. Because it will be baby time soon :) Good Luck

livingforthem83
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Have you tried sex? It might speed things up.
CMac26
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Did that yesterday, walked alot today and drank pineapple juice. All of it either put him to sleep or made him hyper but nothing with me.

Quoting livingforthem83:

Have you tried sex? It might speed things up.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
stressedmama24
by Toni on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Me.and you are the same. I can't get past 2cm bc of how his head is. So i get induced tomorrow night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)