Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stretch marks after 2nd+ baby?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 20 Replies

I'm 30 weeks with #3 and I discovered a ton of thin new stretch marks all over my upper belly (from my belly button and up). I'm not even carrying high at all! My first two kids left me with stretch marks around my hips (I have some that are a full inch wide over my hip bones!) and on the sides of the lower part of my belly.. but now up top?! Really? 

If you've had two or more kids, did you continue getting stretch marks each time? At this rate, if we have a fourth baby, I might end up with them on my face! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmr520
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I had horrible stretchmarks with my 1st. I hoped that this time I wouldn't get anymore, but at 35 weeks I've got new ones, lower than the first set. Stretchmarks are a mysterious pain in the belly for me.

RhondaVeggie
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I didn't have any room for more after my first, my belly is awful. 

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Nope I didn't get more. They start a few inches above my bellybutton and go down. The ones on the bottom are thin and mostly horizontal. I have some on my hips too 3-4 inches long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM

im pretty sure my stretch marks got stretch marks with every pregnancy. it happens..

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Lol! It certainly feels like it, doesn't it?

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

im pretty sure my stretch marks got stretch marks with every pregnancy. it happens..

rjmac88
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I don't get new ones but the ones I have get longer
Twisted_Halo
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Didn't get any until 9 months with my 1st.  My 2nd stretched my skin so bad.  Now it seems I'm recycling most of them lol

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I'm on baby #2 and with my DD I only got these tiny tiny white ones right around my belly button. This baby on the other hand has given me bright purple ones all over my lower tummy like he is trying to claw his way out. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
pregnancy week by week
BuckshotBaby
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM
i dont have any and im pregnant with my third.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I got all of my stretchmarks after 36w with my first.. My whole belly was covered.. They go from my ribs to my hips. I never got more with my second or third.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)