Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM
  • 50 Replies
I was due for a period last week, I've been having pregnancy symptoms like sore breast, frequent urination, head aches, mood swings I already took 2 pregnancy test and both were negative. I'm a single mother of 4 and I'm not thinking of going thru with it, I feel horrible can't stop crying I'm so sensative right now.

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I am sorry you are going through this right now.  I think the most important thing right now is not getting too worked up, you aren't sure you are pregnant yet so try and relax. Your period could be late for any number of reasons.  If you don't start in a few days make an appointment to see a doctor.  If you are pregnant then you just have to do what is best for you and your family.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

jojo_star
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:28 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. First, find out if you actually are pregnant. Then, sit down with someone, preferably a counselor at a family planning clinic, and discuss all three of your options. If you truly feel that abortion is best, then do it, it is your body, your choice, and sometimes the best and most responsible choice. If you have any doubts though, don't do it. Abortion regret, while rare, is very real. I've had an abortion, and I have no regrets, so if you ever want to talk about it, feel free to message me. But don't put the cart before the horse, find out for sure if you are pregnant. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:15 AM
11 moms liked this
Birth control, for fuck's sake!
Jen4boys06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM
11 moms liked this

Abortion should never be an option.  Yes, a woman has a right to choose, your choice was to have sex.  Sorry to be so harsh, I just feel very strongly against it.  Having said that, if you are pregnant and don't feel that you can take care of the child, I would recommend adoption.  Its such a selfless act and you would be providing an amazing blessing to someone else.  I truly wish you the best of luck and hope that you are not pregnant.  If not, please, please, stop having sex and consider going on birth control.  A pp said that abortion regret is rare.  I think not regretting it is rare.  I've never met a woman who had one who wasn't destroyed by it.

ahleesha14
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Abortion is never the answer. i always told myself that if I had sex and got pregnant and couldn't take care of the baby then give it up. It is not the childs fault.

girlnextdoornco
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

It sounds to me like you are afraid that you may be pregnant and maybe the fear is just kind of taking over. IMO... I hope you can just take a deep breath, concentrate on your 4 children and their needs and then go to a doctor to find out what is really going on.  Hugs!

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Whoa you already took two tests I doubt you're pregnant . Before you decide on anything you need to find out for a fact if you are.
To_the_moon
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
First find out if you are in fact pregnant and if you are then you need to have a heart to heart with yourself and consider every option available to you. If you think you could truly live with the fact that you had an abortion with no regrets and you feel deep down that it's the right option for you then do it. I'm not a supporter of abortion but this isn't my or anyone elses business or call, this is up to you and you only. GL!
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Jennygurl09
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Jen4boys06:

Abortion should never be an option.  Yes, a woman has a right to choose, your choice was to have sex.  Sorry to be so harsh, I just feel very strongly against it.  Having said that, if you are pregnant and don't feel that you can take care of the child, I would recommend adoption.  Its such a selfless act and you would be providing an amazing blessing to someone else.  I truly wish you the best of luck and hope that you are not pregnant.  If not, please, please, stop having sex and consider going on birth control.  A pp said that abortion regret is rare.  I think not regretting it is rare.  I've never met a woman who had one who wasn't destroyed by it.

Her body, her rules. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured