Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

In labor but need your help!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM
  • 16 Replies

so today I saw my chiropractor for the labor inducing adjustment because my OB wanted to induce medically on wednesday and I refuse to do that, I want to go all natural.
Around 7pm  I started contracting and cramping, and now (4am) I have the back labor too. my contractions are consistant at about 5 min apart, and pretty painful.  But I really need help getting farther than that. Yesterday I walked for 4 hours, and the day before I was at the gym. I'm so swollen that every few hours i have to get my feet up, and every time i do, its like my progression slows down (only when im laying down).  So does anyone have any ideas how to get this labor really intense? cause my last one was like 24 hours before i was even close to middle labor. and what I really want is to be birthing my DD sometime today, not laying around at a hospital waiting on things to progress.

thanks!

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmr520
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:08 AM

I'd really like to give birth already too. Sounds like you've got it under control, good luck and congatulations!

tinka_pixie
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Bump!
LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM

You just gotta wait it out :/  If you stop contracting when laying down, you're not in labor yet.  You can try nipple stimulation and honestly just return to normal activity and stop thinking about it.

AmericanChild82
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Would say walk obviously. If you become swollen dont lay flat sit with your feet propped up. You also might try sitting in a bath to help counter the swelling and maybe try a shower?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinka_pixie
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM

should it be a hot or cold bath for the swelling?

Quoting AmericanChild82:

Would say walk obviously. If you become swollen dont lay flat sit with your feet propped up. You also might try sitting in a bath to help counter the swelling and maybe try a shower?

AmericanChild82
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I dont think the temp matters as long as your comfortable in it.

Quoting tinka_pixie:

Quoting AmericanChild82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinka_pixie
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Idk, I just took a shower a few hours ago, and one think I always notice is how much my feet itch (where the swelling is the worst) when I get out, and thats only luke warn. I always have to rum some medicated lotion into them to calm them down. so i'm not sure a shower or bath would really make any difference there.

Quoting AmericanChild82:

I dont think the temp matters as long as your comfortable in it.

Quoting tinka_pixie:

Quoting AmericanChild82:

fizze
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Sex if you can handle it

liltrippymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Have you tried sitting on a birthing ball? Walk at an incline up stairs and down. Then rest for about 15 mins sitting feet up. Repeat with the birthing ball also. Stay hydrated too. Good luck and labor vibes your way!
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Sex, nipple stimulation, walking! But if your labor stops if you lay down, sit, take a bath, etc then it probably isn't real labor. Real labor progresses no matter what position your in!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN