Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

sleeping tips?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 35 Replies
I'm in my 26th week and already having trouble sleeping :( turning side to side with pillows for support my hips are still killing me. I get so tempted to turn on my back but I know its not good for the baby so I just get up really early...I guess not a total loss since I get to wrk out before work. Any tips?
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Proudmom0610
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this

I remember that i'm only 8 weeks right now and am not looking foward to that again...uuummm I used a body pillow which was amazing...I remember one night I had to sleep sitting up with pillows all around me for support

jenaree
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I find that sleeping on my back is the most comforable also and I don't think it's that big of deal. I do try to sleep on my left side like they recommend but I think it's more important to get good rest. To sleep on my side I make sure to roll my top hip forward so my hips are not perfectly stacked on top of each other and keep a pillow between my knees and one tucked under my belly to support it. I am basically a pillow whore in bed and my poor hubby sleeps next to a big mound of pillows and fluff.

steffiecox
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I would take a warm bath or shower before bed. the bath would relax my aches long enough for me to get some sleep.
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'm only at 18 weeks and having that problem... gonna be a long 22 weeks lol
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Actually, if you are comfortable on your back, it really isn't going to hurt you or the baby.

brittany208
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

if laying on your back is comfortable, go for it. most women just find it uncomfortable. i slept really well with a body pillow on one side and DH on the other.

StelaE
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I heard it cuts off their oxygen O_o so i freaked out.. i try to sleep only on my left but the hip i'm laying on...OUCH! So now i switch sides. 

Quoting Pandapanda:

Actually, if you are comfortable on your back, it really isn't going to hurt you or the baby.

StelaE
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM

oh boy! Did your belly pop out really early? Mine did and i still have my curves so i think that's what hurts the pressure of the popped out tummy on the bed smashing my hip curve lol...at least that's what it feels like. Try to build a pillow fort and see what works lol...i'm about to do the same tonight

Quoting marissabrookee:

I'm only at 18 weeks and having that problem... gonna be a long 22 weeks lol

Clemency3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I am close to 24 wks and have been having these sleep problems for the last 4 wks. Honestly, I end up sleeping on my back because on my side it hurts too much. I remember sleeping on my back with my first 2 and never had an issue so if you can sleep on your back then do so. Also see if it helps to prop yourself up on your back. I like to do that for better blood flow and all that because when I am completely flat I have real bad circulation problems to the point that both feet will go numb and fall asleep etc. 

CafeMom Tickers
StelaE
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM

lol! Thanks for the tips!! I'll def try it tonight! It doesn't help that my baby boy is most active at night... lil squirmy one! I sleep with a pillow bw my legs too which relieves the pressure and my poor boyfriend keeps trying to make me comfy which i appreciate but i guess I'm short a few pillows lol. I think I do stack my hips so I'll fix that and the pillow under the belly should help. Thanks again! 

Quoting jenaree:

I find that sleeping on my back is the most comforable also and I don't think it's that big of deal. I do try to sleep on my left side like they recommend but I think it's more important to get good rest. To sleep on my side I make sure to roll my top hip forward so my hips are not perfectly stacked on top of each other and keep a pillow between my knees and one tucked under my belly to support it. I am basically a pillow whore in bed and my poor hubby sleeps next to a big mound of pillows and fluff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)