Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnancy sickness??

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hello ladies I am pregnant with my third baby. I am only 6 weeks, but I am sick all the time. I was sick with my last two also but was wondering if anyone has any remedies that have helped. I am really hoping this does not last the while pregnancy like my last . Please help!
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clemency3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

unfortunately when I got sick with my first I was sick for the first 4-5 months and lost so much weight. I did try the crackers thing but nothing worked. Apparently there is a prescription out there you can ask your doctor for to help with it. I am not sure what it is called as I have never heard of it before until seeing a few people talk about it through here. 

CafeMom Tickers
aromalife
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi there,
Just thought I would suggest a couple remedies: drinking ginger tea or in a capsule, smelling lemon or peppermint oil.
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM
At motherhood maternity they have preggy pops. They are cherry suckers with vitamin b. helped me.
Jrsmommy614
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM
If none of the aboe suggestions work (which didn't for me last pregnancy) ask your doctor about zofran. Its the only thing that helped me while pregnant with ds. Good luck hope you feel better soon.
Allinaday
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

what aways helped for me was never allowing myself to get hungry or thirsty.  Even thoug you DON'T want to eat because you're feeling sick, if you can manage to eat little bits and sip water all day long it will definitley help. I like eating tings like nuts because you didn't have to eat much to get more calories.  I also started juicing fresh fruits and veggies.  When I was sick I could never eat much, but I could force my self to drink.  If you can uice some fruits with Kale, spinach, cucumber and carrots, I guarantee you will feel better.  Good luck!

Mommy of two, third on the way!

www.healthyfitnessmom.com

lifeglow
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Nothing worked for me, i had to get on zofran. mabe ask your doc about that. ginger ale and crackers are supposed to help.
lifeglow
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Its called zofran and its amazzzing!

Quoting Clemency3:

unfortunately when I got sick with my first I was sick for the first 4-5 months and lost so much weight. I did try the crackers thing but nothing worked. Apparently there is a prescription out there you can ask your doctor for to help with it. I am not sure what it is called as I have never heard of it before until seeing a few people talk about it through here. 

HHx5
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I know this probably doesn't help but it won't last forever. The only way I could feel better was to eat lightly and eat often. Sometimes if I had a busy day and couldn't find anything that agreed with my stomach or just didn't have time to eat when I needed to, I had a prescription. I don't remember what it was but it was probably what the previous moms were taking cause I know it started with a "Z." Some moms use compression bracelets like what you'd use for motion sickness. I've never tried those. I had a little luck with warm chamomile tea and lemon tea. The main thing for me was to not get hungry. As long as I had a little bit on my stomach I was ok.
Xo.LOVES.Xo
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Try Ginger Gum, I've heard peppermint tea works..

Maybe some Preggie Pops..

Congrats and I hope you get some relief soon 

Libra113
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Quoting Clemency3:

Yes it's called zofran I was on it when I was pregnant with my girls, it worked a little but I was sick the while nine months for both pregnancies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)