Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Would you ever consider abortion?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 56 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you consider abortion in certain circumstances?

Options:

Yes

No

Possibly

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

If you had testing done and found out that your child wouldn't survive after birth, would you consider anortion? What about if you discovered your baby had some kind of genetic issue or would be born with issues?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM
4 moms liked this
No. I have empathy for mothers in that situation but for me I wouldn't do it. I would leave things up to God.
sparklebug86
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I voted "no" because in reality I never would BUT, when I got pregnant with #2 out of the blue that was kind of the first thought. Our son was only 7 months old and I was terrified!

Clemency3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't get testing done so that will never happen. And again I wouldn't know abot any genetic issue till after birth b/c I don't believe in any form of testing unless absolutely medically necessary.

Abortion for me would ONLY be acceptabe in 2 cases: rape and a life threatening situation to the mother. In any other case I am not for it. 

CafeMom Tickers
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Absolutely NOT. If the pregnancy would kill me I would so I wouldn't leave my soon to be 4 kids without a mother but it would be awful and I would feel guilt for the rest of my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CharM80
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM

NO. 

lillucky8
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM
3 moms liked this

not for those reasons no. if keeping my baby meant for 100% sure we would both die, i would pray like CRAZY with faith that God could fix it. only after that would i even consider it. i would never willingly kill a baby, but i cant leave my boys without a mother either.

GwenMB
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I would never have an abortion for any reason.

I do the testing because I want to know if the baby has an issue where he/she would be better off being born in a hospital with a NICU & neonatologists.  The closest hospital with that is 90 minutes away so while the local hospital could helicopter the baby if needed, I'd rather not go through being seperated like that or having the baby struggle because he/she needed immediate help that required a helicopter ride to get.  

I have a friend here who is currently facing potentially needing to go the 90 minutes for the birth of her baby in Nov due to the baby needing the NICU & surgery at birth.  So the possibility is very real to me.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM

No. Never.

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutly not! I could never do that to an innocent life. No matter the situation. Every child is a blessing to someone..

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN