Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Headaches

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
Are going to be the death of me. They make me feel like I am gonna throw up.. Honestly I thought about bashing a foot with a hammer just so I can focus on something else ( j/k) nothing I do helps... And I mean NOTHING. I don't go back to the docs till next week.
Anyone have any ideas?
And mid typing this I threw up...
I am 15 weeks and 4 days
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jrsmommy614
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I suffer from migraines and granted I refuse to take anything but tylenol every one in a while when pregnant. So I take the two tylenol, get in the shower after you're done scrubbing sit on the floor or tub and just left the shower run ober you head. Massage your head and just calm yourself. After you get out go straight to lay down with a fan on. Let your head feel the coolness. And try to take a nap. 90% of the time I wake up feeling soooo much better. Also try an ice bag if your busy until you're able to do the above. As long as you can stop the headache from getting bad the nausea should calm itself. Sometimes no matter what you'll throw up but this is my self fix technique. I really hope this helps you.
Jrsmommy614
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Oh I forgot eat lightly when you have a headace in case you do get nausea and start to throw up. Good luck.
klear05
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I have daily headaches. 

I rememered a tool from my partying days with hangovers... I drink some gatorade, grab some tylenol, rub the sides of my head and shower. Mostly all seems to get better. 

I also switched up the lighting in my office at work, which helped tremendously! 

Allinaday
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM

foods with Vitamin C and magnesium are the key!

rjmac88
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I have headaches constantly
awilliamson
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I also suffer migraines. My OB prescribed Fiorocet (sp), which a little stronger Tylenol with some caffeine.

I'm pretty anti-medication for them, even not pregnant, so before I resort to that, I run a warm/hot bath, turn out all the lights, and soak with a wet wash cloth on my head until the water gets cold.
Mariah-1987
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I had a horrible migrane in the 1st tri. Doc told me to start taking a daily dose of 250mg magnesium and I haven't had one since. I'm almost 35 wks now. I noticed the difference the next day.
Mittenmommie
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM
My doc just called me back and said it sounds like migraines and is calling in a script for me to try if I want to. So if I get another one like today, I think I will give it a shot... I will ask about the magnesium also
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN