Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Share your birth plans!!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

You dont have to share your entire birth plan (unless you want) but I am curious what everyone has in mind for their births? Homebirth? Vaginal  (w/ epid)? Vaginal (w/o meds)? Scheduled C-section? Scheduled Induction? Etc?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My Birth Plan is very 'open' but contains these key things:

• Deliver at my hospital birthing center
  • I will have an OB
  • I will go into labor (I hope) at home between 37-39 wks (no sooner FXed)
  • I'll be induced at 39 wks if not for GD
  • I will labor at home til contractions are 4 mins apart
  • I will have a 4th epidural free labor
  • I will use meditation, controlled breathing & water therapy for pain management as I always have
  • I will stay out of bed moving until transition
  • I will either deliver in the tub or in bed (undecided)
  • I wont have any push coaching or assistance
  • I wont allow for any type of intervention or assistance unless baby or my life is in immediate danger
  • DH will deliver baby
  • We'll delay cord clamping & placenta delivery
  • We'll be keeping the placenta for encapsulation
  • Baby wont leave our sight EVER for any reason
  • DH will cut the cord as always
  • I will nurse right away & go skin to skin
  • Our kids will be there immediately to meet baby sister before any other visitors are allowed
  • I will be moved to postpardum & invite guests
2012Rabbit12
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM

epidural, and strong painkillers before that. my labors are so painful I feel like I am going to die. hopefully this one isn't as bad.sadother then that, I don't want anyone in the labor room w/me but the nurses. dh is not too helpful. ETA: I would also love to try laboring in water if my hospital allows it.

erinf28
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Vaginal with epidural at hospital. Other than that, I don't have birth plans because I don't like stressing over things I really have no control over. I'm easy going anyway, and I feel like me being calm was the reason my labor only took 8 hours the first time.

MalloryR
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I'm going the same route with my birth plan. The only other things in mine is that I do not want an episiotomy and I want my son circumcised.

Quoting erinf28:

Vaginal with epidural at hospital. Other than that, I don't have birth plans because I don't like stressing over things I really have no control over. I'm easy going anyway, and I feel like me being calm was the reason my labor only took 8 hours the first time.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Mine is pretty simple, homebirth! Essentially it will be hubby, the kids, and I doing whatever we feel like. My Doula will be around for labor support as well. My Midwife (possibly wives) will be around but are asked not to actively involve themselves, I want it like my last homebirth just nice quiet and laid back!  I will have the tub set up, so the kids and I will probably hang in that awhile, I may deliver there. I and Hubby will deliver the baby, Hubby will announce the gender. Its understood we wont cut the cord until I begin to deliver the placenta. Thats pretty much it!

Jpenn17
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I have to strongly urge you to do some research on why circumcision is a completely unnecessary, risky procedure that has no medical benefits, is not recommended by a single health organization in the world and is no longer the norm for newborn babies. You can find very helpful information at www.intactamerica.org and www.mothersagainstcirc.org  Please explore this research and let your son be the one to decide whether or not his penis is permanently altered. 

Quoting MalloryR:

I'm going the same route with my birth plan. The only other things in mine is that I do not want an episiotomy and I want my son circumcised.

Quoting erinf28:

Jpenn17
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Unfortunately I will be having my 3rd c-section. Spinal, no epidural. Baby will be brought to me as soon as I'm in recovery so that we can nurse. 

kaylaybaby666
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Vaginal with no epidural. Im hoping tp keep the damn nurses away from me and ny daughter will meet her baby sibling after me
Gingerbell.RN
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Vbac
Circ my son
Go home asap
cutiepie8611
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM
This with no pain meds...

Quoting Gingerbell.RN:

Vbac

Circ my son

Go home asap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN