Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Not good news :(

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 24 Replies

Had my 39 week dr appt today. They can see the contractions on the monitor but im not dilating :( They want me to go back on friday to get checked again and if still nothing, then schedule an induction for next week. 

I did manage to get them to give me some other induction options including the foley bulb but she said if im not a solid 2, the foley bulb wont be an option. My cervix is behind the babys head so she couldnt seperate my membranes either :( 

Disappointed, thats for sure!

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Dilation doesnt mean a thing. You could go from 0 to 10 in a very short time or even walk around dilated for weeks. I think its a bit premature decision to have an induction simply because you havent dilated
Dreamly
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I agree...wait it out a little bit. You can go today or two weeks from now.

MrsNiko88
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I would wait until you are past due to be induced. I was impatient and was induced at 39w 3days with no dilation and was in labor for 32 hours and then had a c-section. I really wish I would have waited a little while longer.

sparklebug86
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM

im 40 weeks friday, they wont do the induction until next week so at that point I will be past due. There are medical reasons that they wont let me go much past my due date unfortunately 

Quoting MrsNiko88:

I would wait until you are past due to be induced. I was impatient and was induced at 39w 3days with no dilation and was in labor for 32 hours and then had a c-section. I really wish I would have waited a little while longer.

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
littlemamarisa
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I know that was not the news you wanted to hear, but don't let that get you down. I agree with the other moms dilation doesn't mean a thing.

I would suggest walking, sex, and doing squats on the birthing ball to help get things moving along.

FX for you, keep us updated. 

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I'm sorry.  It sounds like baby wants to still cook a bit more.  I know pregnancy is hard at the end.  Try to enjoy your last few days being pregnant.  And, good luck!

livingforthem83
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I am all for whatever you decide to do, but inductions before relations is a bad idea. My doctor won't even do them if you haven't reached 3cm.
Proudmom0610
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

When I had my last baby I just went in for bad cramps at 37 weeks. I was just at the doc. the day before and was completely closed up and when I got to the hospital I was 2cm dial. They had me walk around for 30 min and I was at 4cm dial, they kept me and not too long after I had my baby boy!! so It can happen in a matter of mins

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Hugs! I was thinking of you this morning. Just keep faith in your body!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Do you have a birthing/yoga/exercise ball that's suitable for your height? It might help position baby better to make those contractions more effective. Maybe try belly binding- http://resources.thefeministbreeder.com/pregnancy/prenatal-health-comfort/belly-bindin-for-pregnancy-labor-support/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)