Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

double strollers

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have a one year old right now, and I'm due with another Feb 9th.  I use my stroller ALL THE TIME right now.  My DD and I take walks, and we go a lot of places that need a stroller.  I've been looking into double strollers, but I hate the side by sides, because they are just so wide, and they don't seem to fit anywhere.  Ideally, I would like a front and back double jogger stroller, where the carrier sits on the back seat and my dd can sit in the front seat.  She is not going to like sitting behind a carrier and not be able to see anything.  Part of the reason she likes riding so much is because she loves looking around.  Anyway, I was just looking to get some opinions on what others think.  Should I just keep her jogger and get another for the new baby?  Or do any of you have a double stroller and you really use it and love it?  If I end up getting a double, I don't want to regret having something so big and wishing I'd just had two singles.  Anyone BTDT?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I used my double all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemoments99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM

The twins I watch have a double. I love using it. The twins didn't mind it, but they couldn't see each other because the seats leaned too far back. They prefer their wagon now. 

I think the front and back stroller would be good though. 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:25 PM

As far as jogging strollers go I don't think they make back & front ones but who knows. Google is your friend.

HHx5
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM
A double stroller for us was a blessing! We bought it gently used almost 2 yrs ago and are still using it. At the time, we had an almost 3 yr old and a new born. Now we will have an almost 2 yr old and a new born in Aug. I've used it at the mall, at the park, lots of places.
mybabiesmama916
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

my kids were almost 3 years apart but I did a lot of walking so I always used my double until he got old enough to keep up with me. I had a front back they are great.

Capemom01
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I am looking at double strollers right now too.. My daughter will almost be 2 when the new baby is born. I agree, a front and back seems to be more practical for me but I am still trying to find the perfect one
czshcecnc
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I have a city select from baby jogger. Its very light and folds up small.

steffiecox
by Steph on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I have a double stroller that has a seat for my toddler in the front and a seat for baby in the back. I use it alot. I'm always walking someplace with my girls.
Jrsmommy614
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I'm not sure about jogging strollers but I know which one I want because ds will be 3 when new baby comes and he doesn't really need a baby sit so this one let's him sit or stand when je gets tired when were out. :).

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=B546E5A03401612DC999B968A7EB4829#browse/Strollers/aHR0cDovL3d3dy53YWxtYXJ0LmNvbS9icm93c2UvYmFieS9zdHJvbGxlcnMvNTQyN18xMTgxMzQvP19yZWZpbmVyZXN1bHQ9dHJ1ZSZwb3ZpZD1jYXQ1NDI3LWVudjQzMjU1OS1tb2R1bGVBMDExMDEzLWxMaW5rTEhOMTNTdHJvbGxlcnM%3A
staciexo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Baby jogger city select! I have it and love it. Its not good for jogging though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)