Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy Nightmares!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 12 Replies

I was jut wondering if anyone else keeps having nightmares about the baby or the delivery? I have an 8 year old and I don't remember having anything like this with him! We found out I was going to have another baby out of the blue! It was a huge shocking news that we did argue about in the beginning (I was on birth control and my husband accused me of doing this purposely). Now we are good though, we have been for a long time, it was fighting for the first week or so, but now it's great, he's helpful and supportive and everything. So I am not sure if that's why? But I keep having this nightmare that because she was given to us out of nowhere I am either going to wake up one day and not have her or she's going to be born pre-term and I will have to choose to stay with her in the hospital or be with my 8 year old. I also have these dreams about not being able to breastfeed her and so on. I just want to know that I am not the only one that has them and that it's normal! 

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I've had them every pregnancy :(
It's awful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I get them a lot... But it's normal for me. 

I'm an overprotective mom, and I often have dreams where my son is in danger.. Why would it be any different with the baby girl? lol 

Sagemm
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM
My ob says contrary to believing a second pregnancy is more relaxing because yiu kinda know the ropes and what to expect, it's worse and it usually gets worse with each pregnancy because you know what you can lose...
momma_gig
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I have really crazy dreams when pregnant. Ice had a few where I have this baby in a bathroom. But maybe that's because I watch shows like I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant lol
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Havent had any yet this pregnancy and hope not..but with my first I always dreamed of the delivery and the baby would always come out something other than a baby..lol..Like an animal or some weird object..

CafeMom Tickers
itsmisskay
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Oh my gosh. I had a dream that I gave birth and when they handed me the baby in the blanket and everything it was my cat lol. I heard it;s totally normal. Also, my cousin had a dream when she was pregnant that she was at a press conference since she was the first human to give borth to a giraffe haha

kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I keep having the same nightmare...that for some reason the courts decide to give custody of MY kids to my step daughter's bio mom.

I dream that she's in the delivery room and instead of handing the baby to ME they hand him to her and I basically lose my mind and I usually wake up crying

myloveynK
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Thank you ladies! I haven't spoke to my OB yet about it because the last appointment I had to bring my 8 year old and didn't want to talk about that stuff in front of him, but I have one next week I plan on mentioning it to her! 

I am not happy that all of you are having or had nightmares, but honestly I feel relieved that it's not just me! I have mentioned it to people and they look at me funny sometimes! 

piercedbeauty21
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I had one the other night, that I gave birth and I left the hospital without my son :( I couldn't find him anywhere, and Dh said I was crying in my sleep. I don't remember having dreams like that with Dd.
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I had horrible, horrible dreams with my last one. i didn't really have them with the other 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)