Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone go to the range?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 19 Replies

My Husband and I are settled on a specific rifle we want to buy and I am dying to get out to the range. I am just curious though..do they allow pregnany women on the range?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
They prefer no because of the lead. Outdoors should be fine, wash your hands really good afterwards.
Clemency3
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

ok thanks

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

They prefer no because of the lead. Outdoors should be fine, wash your hands really good afterwards.

CafeMom Tickers
VintageWife
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I wouldn't know. He never takes me :(

Clemency3
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM

awwww. do you really want him there with you? only because you can go by yourself. I have never been on a range myself. I have observed but never participated so I want him there for my first time but after that I won't mind going by myself. 

Quoting VintageWife:

CafeMom Tickers
VintageWife
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I want him to go with me and make it a date night or something. We met in the military so I think it'd just be nice to reminisce :) 

Quoting Clemency3:

awwww. do you really want him there with you? only because you can go by yourself. I have never been on a range myself. I have observed but never participated so I want him there for my first time but after that I won't mind going by myself. 

Quoting VintageWife:

Clemency3
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM

that's awesome! I agree that would be a good thing to do together since that is where you met. My Husband is a former Marine and I am just infatuated with the military period but can't join because I am choosing to be home with my kids instead but yea I think that would be a great idea. Keep working him..maybe some time he will budge :)

Quoting VintageWife:

I want him to go with me and make it a date night or something. We met in the military so I think it'd just be nice to reminisce :) 

Quoting Clemency3:

Quoting VintageWife:

CafeMom Tickers
his88angel
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I think it would depend on if you are outside and the type of rifle. I wanted to go shooting my husband A.R. But Dh was to nervous about it until i talked to my doctor. I have heard yes and i have heard no.
Clemency3
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Yea we are interested in an AR-15 and it turns out now he is not sure if we will be able to do it before or after the baby due to financing so we are still working that piece out. But just wanted to know just in case. I think the one range I know of is indoor but am sure there is an outdoor one some where near by as I am in a very woodsy area and hear shots go off all the time..just a matter of finding it. 

Quoting his88angel:

I think it would depend on if you are outside and the type of rifle. I wanted to go shooting my husband A.R. But Dh was to nervous about it until i talked to my doctor. I have heard yes and i have heard no.

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never been to a shooting range. I did shoot a lot less while pregnant. You should just call ahead and ask about their rules.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I thought you meant driving range. I golf still. No guns in our house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured