Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If it's not a UTI, what is it?!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

About a week ago, my doctor prescribed me an antibiotic for a UTI without seeing me (this would be my first for this pregnancy, so it's not something that has happened a lot this pregnancy). The pain came back Tuesday night, so they had me come in on Wednesday. They sent our some urine to test, and it came back normal.. So I have to go in tomorrow for a blood test.

The pain is a stabbing pain in my pelvic area on the right side. As well as dull lower back pain. I can hardly walk, the pain is so intense.

Does anyone know what this could be? Maybe a cyst? I am prone to them.  

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Clemency3
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Unfortunately I can't help you out. Is it a constant pain like no matter what position you are in or no matter what you are doing it hurts? I know that with pelvic pain with my last pregnancy I had to be on bed rest because baby was putting pressure on my pelvic bone to the point that any added physical work with that would break the bone. But I just had pelvic pain..no back pain. Other than that I couldn't tell you but good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It is constant. Thank you for the reply. I'm just worried, I wish it was just something simple.  

Quoting Clemency3:

Unfortunately I can't help you out. Is it a constant pain like no matter what position you are in or no matter what you are doing it hurts? I know that with pelvic pain with my last pregnancy I had to be on bed rest because baby was putting pressure on my pelvic bone to the point that any added physical work with that would break the bone. But I just had pelvic pain..no back pain. Other than that I couldn't tell you but good luck!

sparklebug86
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:40 PM

cyst or kidney stones

Rose12j
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I had the same problem and when they grew my urine I had GBS (Group B Strep).
For about 3 weeks the prescribed monostate, antibiotics, and finally I got upset with the hospital and told them they are just giving medication and nothing is working, and that I was spending more money on meds I.didn't need and wanted to be seen.. Thats when I went to a different place and they said GBS. They find it in your urine. Good luck!!
I'm not saying it is but its a possibility.. :)
momma_gig
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM
This is what I was thinking.

Quoting sparklebug86:

cyst or kidney stones

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Not sure what it could be..Hope everything is fine and they find out what it could be. I do feel ya on the back pain..Mine is horrible this pregnancy. Like it takes me an hour to just get comfy in the bed..Its aggravating..

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN