Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Braxton Hicks Already??

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so last night I went to lay down for bed and my lower stomach started cramping and my uterus felt like it was tighting up..I will be 14 weeks sunday. This is my second pregnancy. My first was 6 years ago so I dont remember having them this early. I know it can happen but it was weird. It actually made me take some deep breaths..And they were every three mins and lasted like a min each time and stayed that way until I got to go pee which I say was about 30min..If my uterus was tighting up I would have just thought it was from my uterus growing..It is just weird how different your pregnancys are each time..

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_gig
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM
BH can start a early as 8 weeks without you even noticing. But they usually don't start up while lying down, and aren't usually painful. How has your water intake been? Make sure you're getting plenty of water, because dehydration can cause cramping and contractions.

If you get them again, try drinking a full glass or 2 of water and lay on your side. If they don't ease up, call your OB.
alleyrock
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I had the same issue im 32 weeks now and still get them from about 15 weeks or so. My first is now five so its been about six years since i was last pregnant. I was told that you dont notice it in your first pregnancy and you will notice it more and more in the sencond, third and so on. Dont worry too much about it just take a second to resituate yourself or move to a different position and it will pass.

mama2gg
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:27 PM
mine started at week 15 last pregnancy
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I have been dehydrated once before..As far as water goes I try and get atleast 2 bottles in a day and I know thats not enough but for some reason when I try to drink large amounts of water it makes me feel like im gonna explode and then I start feeling sick. So Idk.

Quoting momma_gig:

BH can start a early as 8 weeks without you even noticing. But they usually don't start up while lying down, and aren't usually painful. How has your water intake been? Make sure you're getting plenty of water, because dehydration can cause cramping and contractions.

If you get them again, try drinking a full glass or 2 of water and lay on your side. If they don't ease up, call your OB.

CafeMom Tickers
tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I had the same thing, and my first was also 6 years ago. They actually start really early, and I was told that it's normal to feel them earlier with your second baby (and so on..)  

momma_gig
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Try drinking room temp water. I know it sounds gross, but this helped me a lot. My tap doesn't get too cold, so I just don't add ice. I found that cold water fills me up quick but room temp water doesn't.

Also, if you're having trouble overcoming taste (like I was) try adding lemon. It also gives you a nice vitamin c boost :)

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

I have been dehydrated once before..As far as water goes I try and get atleast 2 bottles in a day and I know thats not enough but for some reason when I try to drink large amounts of water it makes me feel like im gonna explode and then I start feeling sick. So Idk.

Quoting momma_gig:

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Most of the time Im drinking room temp water cause I always forget to put some in the fridge and it doesnt bother me like any other beverage would. The taste isnt bad I have MIO for that if I dont feel like drinking plain water. I might try the lemon tho.. So most of the time all I can get is 2 bottles in a day..lol. And I drink water all the time anyway like before pregnancy and it does the same. Thats why when they say drink 8-10 a day im like yea that aint happening..I can do that in a week..lol

Quoting momma_gig:

Try drinking room temp water. I know it sounds gross, but this helped me a lot. My tap doesn't get too cold, so I just don't add ice. I found that cold water fills me up quick but room temp water doesn't.

Also, if you're having trouble overcoming taste (like I was) try adding lemon. It also gives you a nice vitamin c boost :)

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Quoting momma_gig:

CafeMom Tickers
alleyrock
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I was never able to drink a lot of water. Part of the reason I retain so much water I guess. I cant even use MIO anymore from so much heartburn. I just try to drink 8oz in a sitting then wait an hour or two and drink another 8 and so on

NannyElin
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM

mine started around the same time i started feeling movemoent with both my girls. somewhere around 16 or 17 weeks

Clemency3
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM

yea it is crazy how it can be different for each pregnancy. I am in my 3rd and all three have been completely different. I have been having braxton hicks with this one since around 18 wks where as with my last two I didn't get them till my 3rd trimester. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)