Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early Labor?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have had very bad lower back pain all day. No matter what I do it will not go away. It gets worse every 20-30 mins and then it will mellow out. What is it? Should I call my dr?

Ps. I am 29 weeks.

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Candie1015
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM
You could be haveing signs of early labor. I hope you do have "back labor" that is the worst type of labor pain...I would prefer labor be felt in my lower stomach then my back any day
Candie1015
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Just keep track of how long they last and how much time is between them...if it gets in a normal routine go in to the hospital
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM
How are you feeling now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Try taking a hot shower or bath it could help loosen up your back muscles

shelbymccarthy
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM

i feel the same. nothing is working.

Quoting kmqw229:

How are you feeling now?

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I'd call your doc.
tinka_pixie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:15 PM

sounds like some regular trips to the chiropractor would do the trick. I've been seeing mine, (im now 40w) and i can move again!!! before i was falling over because i couldnt lift my legs from the excrutiating back pain, and now its gone. really really they work wonders for pregnancy!

queenb87
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:15 AM
I was feeling just uncomfortable with lower back pain ull yesterday morning.... I'm laying in a hospital bed for contractions. I was a 3and not effaced couldn't feel baby when I got here and after 4 hrs of meds and no "sign" of more cobtrations I was 3 and 60% effaced and she felt my sons head. I'm 33 weeks. So if it bothers u get it checked just to be sure. I would have never had expected this.
cadkins07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Preterm labor often goes unnoticed... call the ob go get checked out in l&d asap

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I agree. It really could be nothing but the fact that it peaks and nothing has made it lessen means that you should get checked out, just in case. When it comes to baby, better safe than sorry.

Quoting cadkins07:

Preterm labor often goes unnoticed... call the ob go get checked out in l&d asap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured