Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Gave labor not knowing she was pregnant

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM
  • 15 Replies

I don't know if any of you heard of this or know someone who went through this or even seen the show "I didn't know I was pregnant" But this got me wondering can this really happen? Can women go for nine months with out knowing they were pregnant? No belly showing? What about the symptoms? How can this happen? They can't feel baby movements. I just find this shocking! it's crazy. They just go to labor without knowing they were pregnant.

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awilliamson
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I've had very few symptoms, some could be confused as a cold coming on or just a random off day.

Other than that, NO WAY!

I feel baby moving lots and have since 16 weeks-ish (now 25). I used to get nervous the second my period was late (before ttc). I'm a big girl there's no mistaking my belly is now a baby belly - even though I haven't gained any weight.
Candie1015
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM
It is possible. First off some women don't have normal monthlys and for the ones who do sometimes women have monthlys throughout their pregnancy. I have them all the way up to the 4th month of mine. As for pregnancy test some women (usually the ones that still have monthlies) don't have the hormone that makes them positive. For those women they have to have blood test ran because only those are 100%. Those that don't produce that hormone also don't normally have a ton of symptoms and the ones they do have symptoms dont last long and can be put off as a 24 hr virus. As for baby moving babies can be lazy even in thw womb and if you don't take prenatals I am sure baby is weaker and more tired. Also if your a big person a lot of the time you don't notice your stomach getting bigger, if your tiny you will probably stay pretty tiny and the weight you gain can be put off from that tired feeling that they might put off on stress or low iron. It all depends on circumstances and who the person in question is. I do watch the show....or I did. I guess if my pregnancy test came out positive and I stopped having monthlies I might have trouble believing it too
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Im a fairly small girl and didnt feel movement until close to 20 weeks this pregnancy due to an anterior placenta so with a larger person, anterior placenta andlack of pregnancy symptoms I can see how it could happen.
Solkerra
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Actually. My BF's cousin didn't find out she was pregnant until 2 weeks before she had the baby. And she carried full term. So I guess its very possible for this to happen.

I watched that show alot though and always thought it was so weird how someone could go without knowing they were pregnant!

daisybaby91
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Its baffling to me too.
Baby hiccups i could see mistaking for muscle twitches, but kicks and rolls no way! Especially as you get more far along.
Maybe i've just had every pregnancy symptom in the books.
Everyone is different, im sure it happens, but that doesnt make it any less mind boggling to me.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:08 AM
It happened to a friend of mine. She honestly did not know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:08 AM
My cousin's wife found out she was pregnant with #5 at 8 months along! The way baby was positioned and placenta was attached made it the perfect environment for very little movement to be felt and what was felt could easily be mistaken as gas. For someone who'd been pregnant 4 times before, you'd think she would have known!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smileyneni
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

2 weeks before pregnancy!? wow! how did she find out?  was the baby born okay? I'm guessing she didn't show?

Quoting Solkerra:

Actually. My BF's cousin didn't find out she was pregnant until 2 weeks before she had the baby. And she carried full term. So I guess its very possible for this to happen.

I watched that show alot though and always thought it was so weird how someone could go without knowing they were pregnant!

LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I think some are in denial for one reason or another... trauma, multiple miscarriages, etc.  But I totally think it's possible!!

liltinymommy
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That was me... I had no clue i was pregnant i was on BC for years before.... I never felt movment and my belly never stuck out.... However my baby didnt make it into this world because of a tradgic fall.... I never knew i was 6 months pregnant or even thoguht of pregnancy since i had my period every month... i am living proof it could happen.... LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN