Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

32 Weeks and Cramping, This Is All So Confusing

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have been having very mild menstrual like cramping for a couple (maybe few) weeks now.  They're random and not at all severe, just like have a period.  I have no other symptoms associated, so is some mild cramping normal at this point? 

Every time I've called my doctor about anything in the past they tell me if there are not any other symptoms associated, then I'm fine. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamaanl
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I'm having the same thing and I'm 31 weeks. I actually went to the hospital the other day because it was hurting so bad, pus I had some gooey bloody like discharge(TMI sorry), so I freaked out a bit.  They said the baby is completely fine!  The nurses told me that it's just from all the stretching going on since the baby is growing.  I've been having them again today and can't get comfortable for the life of me!  You're not alone!

Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM

THANK YOU!

Quoting mamaanl:

I'm having the same thing and I'm 31 weeks. I actually went to the hospital the other day because it was hurting so bad, pus I had some gooey bloody like discharge(TMI sorry), so I freaked out a bit.  They said the baby is completely fine!  The nurses told me that it's just from all the stretching going on since the baby is growing.  I've been having them again today and can't get comfortable for the life of me!  You're not alone!

CafeMom Tickers
Leila0907
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I'm 32 weeks and have been having contractions off n on for a few wks. Had to go into L&D the other day bc they were getting closer together 3 min apart by time I got there.. They seemed to calm down after a few hours and I went home but I still get them daily. But I am not dilated
Allinaday
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:16 PM

You are probably having Braxton Hicks.  For me they are more tightening and hardening but you get the crampy pains too.

eellison
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I am 32 weeks pregnant as well and I have experienced the same as you.  Right now, your body is getting ready for delivery.  You are going to have cramping and mild contractions.  If it gets worrisome, drink a few glasses of water and lay on your left side.  If they stop then it is just Braxton Hicks.  If they continue and get stronger, then go to the hospital for monitoring.  If you begin to discharge a thick mucous, then I would go in and get checked.  More than likely your plug is coming out which usually means your cervix is effacing and dilating.  However, you can be dilated and have lost your plug for a long time before you actually go into  labor.  Still, it is better to get checked then sit there a freak out over your baby coming too early.

villagemamma
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

My guess is braxton hicks. i am 30 weeks and have had the same issue the last month of so. its been a lot more often the last week or so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured