Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Soooooo itchy. Going nuts. Plz help.

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm almost 32 wks pregnant with my third. Thursday morning I started to become itchy all over my body, random spots, arms chest, belly, ears. As the day went on got worse nothing helped. Yesterday, friday, it. got even more worse. My hands, feets legs back, well everywhere. I have no rash anywhere and nothing is relieving it. My hands n feet feel puffy. I'm miserable and haven't slept bc of the itchiness. I have no other symptoms besides the annoying nausea I've had the whole time. PLEASE...Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Plz no sarcasm or bashing. Thnx.
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Replies (11-15):
MrsNiko88
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM

You need to call your OB now on the after hours number.

babytigergrr
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I agree.  Call the after hours office now.  If your OB sends you to the hospital for testing, the hospital will already know you are coming and will not refuse you like they did previously.  I'm sorry you went through that! It's definitely not scabies.  How crazy.

Quoting MrsNiko88:

You need to call your OB now on the after hours number.

BabyFruit Ticker

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Yikes, I hope you called again or went in.  This definitely sounds a lot like cholestasis and it's really dangerous.

babytigergrr
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Any updates??

BabyFruit Ticker

SlingsAndThings
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Get to the doctor and demand they tests your bile acid levels and lft. I have had intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy in both of my pregnancies now. My first doctor didnt take me seriously but new one did. Severe itching is often the only symptom. But because of the risk of still birth itching needs tk be taken seriously.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)