Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Clothe Diapers - What do you think

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 43 Replies

So my boyfriend and are considering clothe diapering.  I have him convinced to at least try it for the first three months.  I would like to know your pros and cons of clothe diapering and also if you could reccomend some good brands of diapers that would great. 

Thanks!stork

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:17 PM

never done it, but lots of mamas on here have...good luck! Saves money in the long run I've heard.

Moms2be0109
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Expensive at first but cheaper in the long run. I love the gDiapers,  they are a hybrid. Look in th them.

lesbiansjugglingfalling_leavesscarecrow

Asking who is the "man" and who is the "woman" in a same-sex relationship is like asking which chopstick is the fork.

Nicholesky
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I was just looking at them on ebay!

Quoting Moms2be0109:

Expensive at first but cheaper in the long run. I love the gDiapers,  they are a hybrid. Look in th them.

rjmac88
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I do all different kinds and brands. This will be the 3rd baby I have cloth diapered. I couldn't imagine doing sposies ever again. Right now my son (2 years old) is in prefolds (cottonbabies.com) and covers (realnappiesusa.com). I also have a small business sewig and selling cloth diapers so I have a lot of home made and other wahm diapers. I do LOVE bum genius 4.0s and kawaii (theluvyourbaby.com)
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought about CD with our second but dh said id have to take them to the laundry mat and not use our washer/dryer at home so i stuck with pampers

they have a cloth diaper group on CM

pregnantmama105
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM

im just starting out... i was told to start out with prefolds and covers for newborns and its one of your cheaper options.

KittyTussand
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I love bumgenius all I one one size cloth!! I baught 12 online for 217 $ and there gonna last him aslong as i need. I love cloth diapering. There are some ewwmoments. Once or twicw I wantedtothrow a c, oth out instead ifdealing with poopy but thats not often. And I wasnta fan of carring dirty dispers around if we were gonna be gone all day. Those days I do have a stash of disposable.

For the first hear I used disposables with my daughter spending 50 $ amonth abouts. Got tired of throwing mymoney Wah so we started cloth ohwhat a change. Withmy son I wanted allnew cloth so I baughta huge lot of boy one-size. They have the sizesbuilt in and will fit himfro newbornto 35pounds...ihope lol he is a bigboy so I hope he potty trains early.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I use Sunbaby. They are very affordable, $114 for 24. They are pocket diapers, you put inserts into the pocket to make them absorbent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I particularly love Softbums and Sunbaby diapers! 

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I stick woth disposables.

I think cloth is a lot more expensive...with as much as you have to do wash with them.

And then what if you are out, and baby poops?

You have to carry tht diaper with you until you get home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)