Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

should i be concerned with my BP?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hey guys! I've been having some wicked migraines recently so I decided to go check my blood pressure... it was 120/75... which still isn't "bad", but should I be concerned since.my normal bp has been 90-100/50-60 this whole pregnancy . The reason I ask is with my last pregnancy it started to rise and was horrible by the time I gave birth
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get checked out because you have a history of problems and because the migraine could be tied to your blood pressure. If it was anyone else who hasn't had trouble before I wouldn't say anything because 120/75 is a very good blood pressure just check it every day and let your doctor know if it keeps increasing especially if your migraines continue..
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. Call your OB tomorrow.

Quoting DACIA79:

I would get checked out because you have a history of problems and because the migraine could be tied to your blood pressure. If it was anyone else who hasn't had trouble before I wouldn't say anything because 120/75 is a very good blood pressure just check it every day and let your doctor know if it keeps increasing especially if your migraines continue..

MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Thank you guys so much!
Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I'd keep an eye on it only because of your history.

AFleming22710
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I have high bp and that is considered really low for ME. However, since yours is normally lower and because of your history, I would call your doc. Since it is higher than what it normally is, that is more than likely the reason for your migraines.
LilliesValley
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Make sure to mention the bp and your migraines at your next appointment. Check your ankles, feet, hands, etc for swelling too. Never hurts to be cautious.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Just give the doctor a call, tell them you've been having headaches and tell them what your BP was.  They'll probably have you come in to check your BP manually since it's more accurate, and they might check for any protein in your urine.  Usually if it's under 140/90 it's fine, but they might just want to check you anyway.  Keep an eye out for any swelling.

MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM

i do have swelling in my hands and feet... it just started the past couple of days... i will def talk to my doctor about everything...

MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM

and i don't know if this makes a difference, but i am 26 weeks with twins :)

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would normally say that it's still in the "safe" zone but coupled with the migraines I'd deff let your OB know about it. Try increasing your water intake and see if that helps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)