Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: I am having trouble sleeping throughout the nite I am...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am having trouble sleeping throughout the nite, I am 35 weeks pregnant, and can't lay down without feeling nauseous? Any advice
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Eat something small and protein-rich before bed.  Also, it might help if you prop your upper body up on pillows.

Aireeahnah
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Nauseuous? Does it feel at all like heartburn at all?

You could try propping up your upper half a little at night or perhaps eating a little earlier in the evening. See if that helps any, or take some tums? I have heard milk is supposed to settle the stomach as well.

Princess111201
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM

im 34 weeks and i get extreme heartburn when i try to lay down and go to bed at night. plus im just over all uncomfortable as well. i have noticed that if my head is propped up more then its not as bad. i have used tums which helps. but as my doctor agreed with me today if its continous for over a few weeks, then you need to take something else. which he told me zantac was okay to take. so i guess ill try that. but try to prop up your upper body.

kelly617
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Sleep in a recliner if you have one....if not prop yourself up in a somewhat sitting position
Baby is taking up tons of room and pushing your stomach up into your ribs...

Allinaday
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:47 AM

You can try to eat either cherries or a large handfull of walnuts before bed. Both increase your melatonin levels which promote sleep, and they are also high in manganese which is a muscle relaxant. You can also try to prop yourself up with pillows and sleep more upright.

Mommy of two, third on the way!

www.healthyfitnessmom.com

oliver92
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:00 AM

I have found the couch has been a godsend for me.  I hurt lying down, try sleeping in chair or couch or somewhere you can get relatively comfy.  eat protein enriched snack before bed to curb the sickness.

jenaree
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Get a wedge pillow to sleep on or try sleeping sitting up in a recliner if it's super bad. Sorry you're not feeling well!

Guruliza
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Get a hazel-wood necklace. It helps with nausea and reflux. Also try these ideas:

http://www.yogajanda.com/having-trouble-sleeping-during-pregnancy/

and eat some protein before bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)