Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hello Depression/ 30 Weeks & Not Showing.

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 23 Replies

As of today I am 30 weeks pregnant. I have never been so depressed in my life. I do not even see the point in getting out of bed in the morning. I keep telling myself that I have no reason to be acting this way, but I seriously cannot help it.

On a side note I'm worried that I am 30 weeks pregnant and not showing. No I am not a bigger girl. Is something wrong?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flcowgrl23
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM
If baby and you are healthy it's not a problem. I didn't show until 3rd tri, my abdominals held baby in real nice lol.
rjmac88
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I didn't show till 31 weeks with this baby (#4). It's just how you are carrying.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Everyone and every pregnancy can be different. My SIL never shows till 7/8 months along. A co-worker showed early and big with her first two and her third you could hardly tell when she delivered she was pregnant. As long as your Dr/Ob/Midwife is not concerned to worry.

I would also talk to them about your depression.

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM
You have a pic? (Yeah.. I'm nosey)

As for the depression you neex to talk to your dr. I think its normal to have ups and downs ect. But not constant. Plus it could get worse especially post partum. You need your dr to keep an eye on you, they are trained to notice things more than us.
WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM

THIS!!

Quoting ajohnson08099:

You have a pic? (Yeah.. I'm nosey)

As for the depression you neex to talk to your dr. I think its normal to have ups and downs ect. But not constant. Plus it could get worse especially post partum. You need your dr to keep an eye on you, they are trained to notice things more than us.

gumeshoe
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I know a long waisted girl that never showed.

Aislinn
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Pregnancy messes with you. Talk to your doctor about your depression. Don't let it go. As far as not showing, all pregnancies carry differently. If your doc is not concerned, you do not need to be concerned. Good luck!

livingforthem83
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I gained 10 pounds my first pregnancy and 15 my second. I didn't show until in my 8th month.
Sagemm
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
My mom never shown with sister and I. She was a size zero, all she did was unbutton her top button. I am as big as a house.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Has the depression been happening for more than two weeks? I'd talk to my doctor is I were you. I know it's hard, but the best way to fight depression is to...well...literally fight the depressed feelings. Don't want to get out of bed? Try to get up and go for a walk. When you get back from the walk, treat yourself. Try smiling, even if you don't feel happy. Even forced smiling has been found to release neurotransmitters that make you feel happier. Guided meditation tracks might help too! Feel better, mama. And if you don't, talk to your doctor and he/she will get you the help you need! 

Also sorry you feel you aren't showing :( That's not fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)