Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Why do i have stretch marks on the inside of my thighs

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

So , i havent gained a whole lot of weight, i actually lost A LOT of weight in the beginning bc of morning sickness i went from around 155 to 160 down to 140 to 145 and iv gained that back and then some im not around 170 which to me isnt so bad , bc im pregnant. And iv dont have a lot of fat on me its mostly baby. Im pretty average looking but i just realized today i have stretch marks on the inside of my thighs real close to my vj. But i dont have any other stretch marks like at all, not on my stomach, not my butt nothing. Just the inside of my legs, like why my legs?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Because everyone gets them in different spots. Some get more then others and some none. I have quite a few on my inner thighs from my first. Just the way it was. Some get them on just there boobs, or belly, thighs, butt or arms. Just the way our body works.

mommytobee19
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Yeah i get that, but stretch marks is from stretching, and i dont have any fat on my thighs that i have gained, so i dont get why i got them

WishingAway
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe bc your awesome ;-) lol Just trying to make you laugh.. Not sure why that happens to some. Maybe your body is stretching there and you just don't know it. You don't have to have fat to have stretch marks!!

Quoting mommytobee19:

Yeah i get that, but stretch marks is from stretching, and i dont have any fat on my thighs that i have gained, so i dont get why i got them

CafeMom Tickers
mommytobee19
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

well i dont want to offend anyone or call anyone fat i just thought when you get stretch marks its bc your skin is growing faster than the elasticity can keep up. from like rapid weight gain and such. least thats what i was told but thanks i needed to hear that! us women are all awesome we go through a lot!

Koux
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:53 PM

With my first baby I got stretch marks on my belly, sides, and inner thighs all the way down to my knees. I also didn't gain much weight, so I have no idea why I got them ALL OVER. Strange things happen when you're pregnant! :) you can also get stretch marks from water weight/bloating too, even if it doesn't last very long. I only got one additional stretch mark with my second, and the original ones have faded, they're barely noticeable up except in bright sunlight if you look very closely. Just keep hydrated, keep lot ironing, and try not to worry about it too much! :)

mommytobee19
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Lol, yeah. Yup i drink tons of water , thank you! Im not crazy worried just curious shes all worth it

SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I have them there too. It's crazy what pregnancy does to your body.
WishingAway
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM

nah lots of tiny women get them when there pregnant in random places bc they don't have fat and there tight skin stretches to the max!

Quoting mommytobee19:

well i dont want to offend anyone or call anyone fat i just thought when you get stretch marks its bc your skin is growing faster than the elasticity can keep up. from like rapid weight gain and such. least thats what i was told but thanks i needed to hear that! us women are all awesome we go through a lot!

rjmac88
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Elasticity in skin vs rate of gain.
lillucky8
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I gained everywhere when preg, i retained fluid like nobodys business. I have stretch marks from my calves to my chest. Its awful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN