Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

28 weeks losing weight!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:25 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm 28 weeks into my pregnancy and can't seem to gain any weight... I'm curvy pre pregnancy but in the past two months I have dropped almost 20 pounds! I need advice please!!! Anything I can eat to help? ??
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
oliver92
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I lost 28 lbs with last and he was 9 lbs 6 oz and was born 2 weeks early.  I have only lost this pregnancy but weight bounces back and forth.  No gain yet, belly is big and baby is measuring right on.  everyone is different.

skyler2013
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Oh my goodness that's a big baby!!! CONGRATS I lost a little weight with my daughter who was born at 8lbs 2oz... I just hate getting lectures from my doctor and I feel like if I'm not gaining, my baby might miss out on nutrients :(

Quoting oliver92:

I lost 28 lbs with last and he was 9 lbs 6 oz and was born 2 weeks early.  I have only lost this pregnancy but weight bounces back and forth.  No gain yet, belly is big and baby is measuring right on.  everyone is different.

oliver92
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Literally your baby takes everything from your body that it needs, you could gain 50 lbs and still have a 3-4 lb baby.  THey harassed us at the OB last time every appt, made me see a nutritionist everything.  This time they are very relaxed and even though I am seeing someone locally for the diabetic nutrition they do not harass me this time. THANK FULLY!!! My first son was over 10 lbs, then ollie over 9... hopefully this baby not so large. 

skyler2013
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Yeah! As long as babies are healthy and developing properly I don't see a reason for doctors to hassle anyone!
LVait42
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Peanut butter, cottage cheese, almonds, healthy carbs- stuff like that! If baby is growing properly I wouldn't be concerned at all! Less you have to lose after baby comes :)
skyler2013
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)