Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will not stop labor at 35 weeks?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM
  • 11 Replies

I have been on bed rest since 18 weeks and I am 31 weeks and 3 days today. I have had weekly ultrasounds and cervical length exams since 18 weeks and found out that my cervix shortens and then thickened on and off all of the time. At 27 weeks I found out that the baby is already 3 lbs and 1 oz.. and was already practicing breathing at 24 weeks. I am just worried because my doctor told me today that they will stop measuring my cervix at 34 weeks and if I go into labor at 35 weeks then they will not stop it. I just pray that the baby will be developed enough to not have to go to NICU or ANYTHING.. Has anyone or know anyone that has experienced delivering at 35 weeks? I am just worried, sorry!

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skyler2013
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My con worker had her daughter at 35 weeks and she was fine! If your doctor thought it wasn't ok they wouldn't make that choice. Your baby will be fine :)
Dmyers5
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Thank you so much, that helped me relax a little!

lovinmy3girlies
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great your babe is already that size given your condition. And from what your saying I would truly guess he/she would be ok. It may be worse on baby to keep it in longer than you have to. Doctors are so advanced these days I'm sure babe will be just fine! GL!
EAtwinmomma
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My twins were born at 34weeks exactly and they had no nicu time and they were fine they were 4 13 and 4 15. Your baby will be ok. Have they given you steroid shots to help develop the lungs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mfk3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was born at 33 weeks. I went to pre term at 29 weeks prior to that. They gave me 2 steriod shots to help develop the lungs in case it happened again. When he was born he was 5lbs 6oz and 16 inches. He was perfect. Nothing wrong. He was healthy as can be. He got to leave when I did. We staye at the hspital for a week just to keep an eye on us. But everything was fine.
Dmyers5
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:24 AM
That is awesome and extremely inspirational to hear about the healthy babies! My first daughter was 4 lbs at 36 weeks, so it was crazy to hear that my second daughter already weighs 3lbs at 27 weeks. I was going to ask my doctor next monday about the steroid shot for the baby's lungs, hopefully they agree. Thank you for all your support!
tabby21
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

i delivered At exactly 34 weeks i didnt not have contraction only the fake ones lol but they gave me two steroid shots at 32 weeks in case they had to deliver....well when shawn was born on 8/13/12 9my due date was 9/24/12) HE WAS 3 LBS 15 oz AND o boy did he come out screaming he had a set of lungs on him he was in the nicu for a month due to not comprehending to suck and swallow (he had the breathing down) and not gaining weight...he came home at a month old only weighing in at 4 lbs 15 oz.....if you are worried ask them about the steroid shots to help the baby...i was so proud of shawn because for 6 weeks early he did NOT need a ventalator only needed the incubator for 2 weeks

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds to me like everything should be fine. Your baby is measuring well and your cervix is doing pretty well. Good luck!

CourtneyBrynn
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I gave birth the day I turned 35 weeks and she didn't go to the NICU. She weighed 5lbs 10 oz :)

Same thing with #2 at 36 weeks
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Baby should be fine then. Baby going home right away depends on a couple factors tho. Weight (has to be at least 5lbs to legally be in carseat and discharged) jaundice, and eating ok. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)