Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Miscarriage?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:03 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am new to this site & would appreciate any advice in regards to post. I am guessing I am approximately 5wks pregnant - at home positive tests last week. I have not seen a Dr yet; however, I started bleeding this a.m. With moderate cramping. It is bright red and not a significant amount at all. I had planned on going in tomorrow, but then tonight the cramping has gotten a lot worse. If anyone is here & able to give advice or opinion- it'd be greatly appreciated!
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KSBlueyz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs sweetie!

I miscarried in February at 8.5 wks. Your symptoms sound exactly like mine. I would recommend you take a trip to the ER if you are really worried. Otherwise, call your doc tomorrow morning asap and tell them what is going on.

Try to watch how much blood you're losing. If you soak more than 2 pads an hour, go straight to the ER.

Good luck and keep us posted please. Prayers are with you.

kd224
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Thank you so much. Just a response from not only a real person, but an empathetic woman who has went through the same thing haa already made me feel better. Searching the web & reading is definitely not the same. I am so sorry you had to go through this too & hope you are doing well!

Quoting KSBlueyz:

Hugs sweetie!

I miscarried in February at 8.5 wks. Your symptoms sound exactly like mine. I would recommend you take a trip to the ER if you are really worried. Otherwise, call your doc tomorrow morning asap and tell them what is going on.

Try to watch how much blood you're losing. If you soak more than 2 pads an hour, go straight to the ER.

KSBlueyz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:25 AM

You are very welcome! I hope all turns out well for you. I'm currently 8.2 wks. pregnant so I hope this will be my sticky baby. So far so good.

You should know that if the unthinkable happens....and I hope it doesn't......that you are not alone. Be sure to find a support system where you can talk to others who have been in your situation or are going through it as well. Find comfort in your SO/DH and talk often about your feelings. But most importantly, realize that the grief process is different for every woman and every lost pregnancy. You will get through this....but only in your own time.

Quoting kd224:

Thank you so much. Just a response from not only a real person, but an empathetic woman who has went through the same thing haa already made me feel better. Searching the web & reading is definitely not the same. I am so sorry you had to go through this too & hope you are doing well!

Quoting KSBlueyz:

Hugs sweetie!

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the pp. i went to the doctor the day after my mc started. They did an u/s to confirm and gave me some pain meds, which was nice because they helped me relax.
It was really hard but the doc told me early mc are a sign there was something seriously wrong with the baby. A few months later i got pregnant with a perfectly healthy baby.
RhondaVeggie
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
You are far from alone. About 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage and the rate is particularly high in first pregnancies. Add in all the women who have a scare but go on to have healthy babies and you'd be hard pressed to find a woman who hasn't been in your shoes.

All you can do until you see the doctor is relax. If you are miscarrying then there is really nothing you can do and if you're not the best thing you can do is stay calm and relaxed. Call your dr when they open, they should get you in quickly. This early on they will do blood tests to see if your hormone levels are going up or down. Best of luck, update us when you can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN