Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do!?!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:05 AM
  • 14 Replies

i have an irregular cycle due to bc (sounds weird..) anyways, in may, i was having wisdom tooth pain.. the dr at the hospital told gave me amoxicillan to avoid infection and told me that it wouldnt affect my pill. my personal dr told me different about a week later. i was having unprotected sex with my bf the whole time i was on the antibiotic. took a preg test in the er about a week after having sex (just incase.. my health ins. covers hospital visits). it came back neg. now it's 73 days since my last period. i've had a little bleeding here and there, nothing more than 24 hrs. i just stopped taking the bc to see if my period would come and nothing still. ive had hiccups, heartburn, headaches, fatigue lately as well as milky discharge (ewww!) but i've been to scared to take another test. could i be preg even though the test came back neg? help!! :(:(

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xogirlygirl
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:06 AM

sorry for the double post but i also think i have a uti but im second guessing that thought because i have no pain, just frequent bathroom trips!

WifeySlymm
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Just take another test... you may have tested too soon the last time... and amoxicillan does mess with birth control.. got my first dd that way....

xogirlygirl
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:12 AM

i did test barely a week after possible conception. i will get a test tomorrow!

funhappymom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Test again. That's the only way to know for sure and whether you are or not you should make a doctor appt.

LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Yes you can.  I didn't get a positive blood and urine test until 8 weeks with my 4yo.

X.Rukia.X
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Antibiotics decreases the effectiveness of BC. And a week after possible conception is WAY to early to have an accurate result. It takes the egg about 5-12 days for travel and implanting. Then your body starts producing HCG and its the HCG that gives you a positive pg test. These numbers are not set in stone and do vary.
xogirlygirl
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

i will be getting some more tests this friday when i get paid. it kinda stinks that the dr gave me wrong information.. i'm young and my bf and i definitely are NOT ready for it. as of today it's been 75 days since my last period. i dont even know how id tell my bf if it comes back pos.

shortcake82418
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM

i've heard all antibiotics affect the pill

mamiperuana2013
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM

take the test

MizMellyMac
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Take another test. It's not you doctors responsibility to tell you when to use a condom or not. You should have used protection all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)