Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How did you decide on a name

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 40 Replies
I hate almost all boys names. The only couple I like are really common and I know several kids with the name which makes me not really want to use them

As far as girl names it's the opposite I have dozens of names I love and when I try to narrow down my list I can't part with any of them lol

If the name wasn't getting so popular Penelope would be my girls pick and Max would be my boys pick but we don't like how popular they have gotten.

Was it hard for you to decide
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM

It is SUPER hard for us to decide... SUPER DUPER hard... My first son from a previous relationship is Christopher, my DS with dh is Tristan, and this boy he wanted odd names... Cecil, or Cyrik... no freaking way dude... so ds [almost 3] asked us for Leonardo... [[as in the Ninja Turtles...]] and DH and I agreed to that... but I am not sure I like it... I like common names... Asher, Peyton... DH hates them... lol rwar... I feel your pain though... <3

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM

It was very hard to decide with my boys. Boys names are hard. All the good ones it seems are super popular.

My newest addition is 11 days and we had three names and didn't pick one until he was born. They were Elliott, Bodhi, and Logan. We named him Elliott. It's a good strong name, it's not too popular (about 250-300 in rank I believe) but not too out there.

sugareemommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM
We haven't decided. How can you name someone before you've met them?!
Megan11587
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We sat down and went through and created a list of like 20 names.  Then we went back on our own and listed our 5 favorites, compared the two, and only kept names that were on both of our lists.  We took the names that were left, then again, separately, pared it down further, until there was one left.

Rockabella
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I like Elliott :) I am bias though lol it's one of my sons middle names, Holden Elliott

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

It was very hard to decide with my boys. Boys names are hard. All the good ones it seems are super popular.

My newest addition is 11 days and we had three names and didn't pick one until he was born. They were Elliott, Bodhi, and Logan. We named him Elliott. It's a good strong name, it's not too popular (about 250-300 in rank I believe) but not too out there.

Rockabella
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Maybe I should try doing that with dh. My boys list will only start out with about 6 or 7 names though lol

Quoting Megan11587:

We sat down and went through and created a list of like 20 names.  Then we went back on our own and listed our 5 favorites, compared the two, and only kept names that were on both of our lists.  We took the names that were left, then again, separately, pared it down further, until there was one left.

Megan11587
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Just spend the evening with a baby name book or websites.  I found names I liked that weren't that strange that I just never thought of before.

Quoting Rockabella:

Maybe I should try doing that with dh. My boys list will only start out with about 6 or 7 names though lol

Quoting Megan11587:

esox
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I've liked the name Hayden since I was about 15. I worked at a library and helped with story time. There was a little baby, one of the cutest most well behaved babies I've ever known, named Hayden. The name just kind of stuck.
My bf picked Claire, I have no idea why. Its not horrible and I have nothing better so...
Rockabella
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Those are both really nice names :) do you have any middle names picked out ?

Quoting esox:

I've liked the name Hayden since I was about 15. I worked at a library and helped with story time. There was a little baby, one of the cutest most well behaved babies I've ever known, named Hayden. The name just kind of stuck.

My bf picked Claire, I have no idea why. Its not horrible and I have nothing better so...

esox
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:42 AM
No middle names yet. Those seem to be much more difficult for some reason lol.
I do like Asher or Evan for a boy. But then his initials would be HAH! Or HEH! Pretty silly.

Quoting Rockabella:

Those are both really nice names :) do you have any middle names picked out ?

Quoting esox:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)