Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Double Pregnant

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

I had a dream the other night that I was at the drs complaining of how stretched and big I felt. He said the reason is b/c I'm "double pregnant." He said I'd deliver one baby in September and the next one a few months later. I was glad when I woke up to find it was only a dream lol.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
esox
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I suppose its possible. That would be pretty darn crazy! 

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

gotta love those crazy pregnancy dreams.

littlemamarisa
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM

haha that is so scary and funny at the same time!

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Crazy pregnancy dreams lol
jojo_star
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM

LOL! That's crazy...but it has actually happened before, a few times. Women who have a double uterus can have double pregnancies. 

my.sonshine
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I've heard that before except that typically it results in early delivery for the younger fetus.

Quoting jojo_star:

LOL! That's crazy...but it has actually happened before, a few times. Women who have a double uterus can have double pregnancies. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

It can, though it can also just mean two separate deliveries. It's occurred both ways. It's extremely rare of course, but very interesting!

Quoting my.sonshine:

I've heard that before except that typically it results in early delivery for the younger fetus.

Quoting jojo_star:

HKing01
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM

This post got me thinking and I remembered a story I read in the news a while back so I had to look it up. It is called "superfetation" and it is very rare in humans but there are several recorded cases. Kind of makes me paranoid.

shortcake82418
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I know right...i thought it was impossible, then i found out its not. I may be a fertile myrtle, but I think I can rest assured I won't get "double pregnant"...I don'tbelieve I'm that ridiculously fertile. that defies logic...you'd think the body would stop producing eggs or not go through with that whole process once someone's already pregnant.

Quoting HKing01:

This post got me thinking and I remembered a story I read in the news a while back so I had to look it up. It is called "superfetation" and it is very rare in humans but there are several recorded cases. Kind of makes me paranoid.

CafeMom Tickers
shortcake82418
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Well, there's only room for one baby in my tummy, so that better not happen lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)