Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did I get myself into!?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm 31weeks pregnant with baby number 1 and couldn't be more excited, but the closer i get I've started to wonder if we are really ready for this. I know it's just my nerves but man Idk how I will function with such little sleep. I'm to the point now I'm super uncomfortable and wake up a bunch to pee in the middle of the night and wake up completely exhausted in the morning. when I think about it my lack of sleep issue isn't gonna get better any time soon. I guess all I can hope for is that my body adjusts to this soon. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
To_the_moon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
You will do just fine I promise you that. Yes it is very hard to imagine how you'll fuction with such little sleep but you can and you will. It's hard for any woman expecting her first child to imagine how she'll handle motherhood until her baby is finally here, it'll be hard and frustrating at times, BUT it will be the most amazing experience of your life and you'll look back and wonder how you functioned before you became a mother. Good luck to you and congrats!
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
MichelleH86
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM
You'll be fine :)... honestly.. by the time I was 31 weeks I was up a lot.. and so when our first little girl came there really wasn't that big of a difference bc I had been up just as much... its crazy how our bodies know exactly what to do! :) good luck mama! :)
rjmac88
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I promise there is. Very big difference between exhausted because you are being eating alive from from the inside out... And exhausted from lack of sleep! You can do it! Don't worry!
jojo_star
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:36 PM

You'll do fine. I know it's daunting and even frightening, but your body will adjust, and you will survive :) 

ambtrav2kids
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM
There is a difference between being pregnant exhausted from getting up and peeing/not being able to get comfortable and being baby exhausted lol. Baby exhausted is way more fun! Plus, since this is #1 for you, you get to take naps when baby naps. Everything will click into place and you'll do just fine.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I agree.

Good luck mama!

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

There is a difference between being pregnant exhausted from getting up and peeing/not being able to get comfortable and being baby exhausted lol. Baby exhausted is way more fun! Plus, since this is #1 for you, you get to take naps when baby naps. Everything will click into place and you'll do just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livingforthem83
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
My babies are pretty easy going and even though they may wake up twice a night, they go right back to sleep. You never know, you might get a super chill baby who decides to sleep through the night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)