Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My thoughts are driving me crazy and I'm worried to death...

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 12 Replies
Call me crazy if you will....I switched from a doc to midwife and the soonest I can see her is the 24th. That makes a 7 week gap since my last appt to the next one. The past few days I have had thoughts and a dream that my baby is dead and I just don't know it yet. I am trying not to worry but with 3 past miscarriages and not seeing a doc/midwife the past few weeks has me on edge and worried and I hate it! If my baby had died would I know it before a miscarriage ensued? Would I have symptoms? I have all my pregnancy symptoms still and I pray this is all in my head. I have been wayyyy more emotional this week and even cried a few times over minor things. Maybe it's just my hormones? I am 12 weeks and 4 days today.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Everyone worries about it so your not alone but I would suggest buying or renting a Doppler to help calm your nerves.
To_the_moon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Relax mama.. Take a few deep breaths and relax. If anything you can ask your midwifes office to put you on a call list if someone cancels their appointment with her. I'm sure your baby is just fine, hormones do crazy things to you and your dreams. I had dreams that I was giving birth to a duck lol.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
myloveynK
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I keep having these fears as well! I am so scared to loose DD or have her stillborn! I think it's normal, I am going to talk to my doctor about it. Maybe if you called and explained you can get an earlier appt like I did? Keep calm because worry only makes it worse though! Just talk to your baby and sing, that helps me feel better! 

NatyRod
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I think we all have fears in some ways or another, at the beginning of pregnancy and at the very end... It's normal, an I'm sure u're fine... The key is to take it one day at a time.. ((HUGS)) :)
ILoveMyFam
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Quoting DACIA79:

Everyone worries about it so your not alone but I would suggest buying or renting a Doppler to help calm your nerves.

This!  After my miscarriages I got one and it was so reassuring!

LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I think it's a common worry for everyone, but probably even more so for those that have had loss before. Try not to worry too much mama :)
LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM
If you get a doppler, don't be surprised if you can't find a hb immediately. You are still early on and it could be difficult to find it.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:45 AM

It is normal to have crazy and horrible dreams like that. especially if you are worried about losing your baby. 

babyfish0511
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Thanks everyone! The encouragement def helps!! Only a week left to wait! :))

RhondaVeggie
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Honestly I would get checked. I've had the feeling twice and both times I was right so if I were pregnant and felt that again I'd be in the office. But that's me, most people are just being paranoid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)