Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Laboring Finally (TMI) *Update**PICS!!*

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM
  • 69 Replies
7 moms liked this

Looks like my DD might arrive today or in the wee hours. I woke with my water trickling, and contractions were already 2min strong with about 3 min apart.
After waiting so many hours I'm gonna head to the hospital cause my contractions are now 2-3min long with only about a minute inbetween. Not to worry the hospital is only 1 mile from the house.
I'm kinda surprised though, aside from some shooting pain in my vag and the burning sensation in my lower back, I'm not in all that much pain just yet. Maybe i'll get lucky and have minimal pain with this one?

I'll update as I'm able to!

*update*
i've been stuck at 2cm now for about 12 hours, so doc gave me permission to head home and sleep and come right back in. Why do I have to labor so slowly? My contractions are still 2min and strong with about 2min apart. Full on back labor, and bleeding moderately.  I guess everyone including myself will have to wait to find out what happens. *sigh*

*update*
Well I started laboring at 2pm on tuesday. its's now 11pm on wednesday night. 33 hours later and I'm only dilated to 5 :( I haven't let them give me pitocin or break my water. I was so wanting a natural labor but it's creeping up on 2 days and it's still not happening. And all this time I'm having gut wrenching contraction. Probably about a 5 on my pain scale. My dr has been really nice to let me wait this out so long. I've been able to come home to my bed both last night and tonight, and to let some of the laboring happen at home.
But this is getting really old real quick. my best friend had a labor like this and it was 60+hours. I'm already exhausted, I don't wanna do this for days on end!
And this whole time, My SO  has decided he can't take the stress and has taken off no where to be found :/
I need some major support here ladies. Ideas about how to deal with the stress, the pain, old wives tales on how to speed things up? Anything!!!! I'm desperate!

*update*
To reply/update all, they did find a complication, a reason why I'm not progressing.
The nurse ans I went over my medical background extensively after she did a cervical check because she felt something odd. Apparently having a Colposcopy (cervical scrape to test monitor cancer) often leaves a hefty scar on the opening of your cervix. She explained that as it dilates it reaches the rim of the scarred tissue, much like a hair tie or rubber band. it tried to continue to dilate, and causes strong pain wrenching contractions as it tries to stretch and dilate. Often it's unable to dilate any farther than the scared tissue and has to have medical help to do so. My doctor has agreed to wait out most of tomorrow to see if it will dilate on its own (though its not looking like it), and then in the evening some time, If it doesn't, then I have to go ahead and induce.

First off I'm shocked that I have to go through this, and secondly Angry that I wasn't told this risk when I had the procedure done. Now I feel like it's my duty to post a post about it warning other women about it.

*update*
Hey everyone sorry for the long wait.
It took 52 hours, but at 6:16pm (7-18) she finally graced us with her presence. Zoe Sabra Elizabeth, 6lbs 6.9oz, 19 inches. I made it through hell and back with this labor.had all natural, no interventions. It was actually the worst labor I've ever had, but I do feel great not having had any meds in my system.
It took much longer to update cause this little girl won't sleep and cries bloody murder whenever you set her down. Lol.
Oh and one last thing to mention. The daddy, my SO showed up eventually and amazed me by his can do attitude. He helped get me through the labor, and has so far been a perfect daddy to her, holding her all night so I could sleep.
Things are looking up for us :)

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sha-sha_mommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Good luck hope you have a safe delivery
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Best wishes for a safe and (relatively) pain free delivery!

esox
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Good luck!!
RhondaVeggie
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I barely had pain till about ten minutes before my youngest arrived. Hope you get that lucky too. 

mariscilla
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM

How exciting, smooth labor and delivery!!

mommytosixboys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Gl momma!
CjEmmemommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Yay congratulations! My labors are very mild so you can get lucky:))) cant wait for the update! 

Love labor! 

mmr520
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM

GL and congrats!

Babes2626
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM

GL!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM
How are you doing? Any updates?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN