Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr. told me the baby will be here in 8weeks!?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I am high risk. 28weeks and 3 days pregnant with my 2nd child. Since I am high risk m dr sent me to a h/r dr to give me my 3rd u/s to make sure the baby is okay. Well the high risk dr told me she est. the baby will be here in 8weeks b/c of how big he is.

How accurate is this? that would put me at 36weeks almost 37weeks and my scheduled c-section is at 39weeks on Oct 1st

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM
My dr induced me at 36 weeks for the opposite reason- u/s said she weighed 2lb1oz and he wanted her out to plump her up on the outside. She was born the very next day and weighed 4lb15oz. U/S are wrong all of the time and have nothing to do with lung maturity or whether or not the baby will be born early. I would take a wait and see approach. You do not want to have a baby be born before they are ready!!!
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM

high risk normally only make it to 38 weeks. 

i'm only allowed to go to 38 weeks. 

LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Why are you high risk? And I wouldn't listen to her, not too accurate at all and only becomes even more inaccurate the further along you get.
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

placental abruption, fetal distress with my first, GD and high blood pressure

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Why are you high risk? And I wouldn't listen to her, not too accurate at all and only becomes even more inaccurate the further along you get.

NatyRod
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Given ur history I think u should listen to ur OB (as long as u feel comfortable with their decision of course)... My best wishes for a happy and healthy baby! :)
Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda :-) on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I was high risk with DS1, measured 2 weeks ahead every appt. after 20 weeks and still had to be induced at 42 weeks! No way to be certain weights and due dates are just estimates. 2 Days before I was induced his estimated weight was 8 lbs 3 oz, he came out weighing 9 lbs 11 oz.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:39 AM

That sounds like a very odd diagnosis. Ultrasound can be off by 2 pounds either way later in pregnancy. That and babies don't choose when to come based on how big they are. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)