Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

when would I go into labor and delivery? I need some advice

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 18 Replies
My contractions have been 5 minutes apart or less , lasting about 50-60 seconds for almodt 32 hours now. Since thats usually when your supposed to go in now im confused. Im not in active labor. Im 5 cm but not progressing so when will i know to go in? Im kind of nervous. My labor with my daughter was only 3 hours so i figure ill probably go really fast once real labor sets in. Ny contractions are already strong enough to where u cant walk or talk during them.
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SendMeBabyDust
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Ummmm,

GO IN! Are you positive you're not in active labor?? Did your water break? leakage? Where I am from, they admit you at 4cm. Things can progress fairly quickly. But here's a BUMP! my advice is get your butt to the hospital! Good Luck mamas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I was monitored twice yeaterday and once today. I'm def not in active labor yet. I wishhh I was and I thi k mine does at 4 or 5 but my midwife knows I'm not really progreasing she said I could be another week and with me being only 36 weeks they just want me to hold off and rest at home untill I really go into labor. It sucks. I want her to stay in till sunday because my babyshower is saturday and I can't have my water birth till sunday but I'm so miserable part of me just wants her out!

Quoting SendMeBabyDust:

Ummmm,

GO IN! Are you positive you're not in active labor?? Did your water break? leakage? Where I am from, they admit you at 4cm. Things can progress fairly quickly. But here's a BUMP! my advice is get your butt to the hospital! Good Luck mamas!

SendMeBabyDust
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM
So they are not stopping labor at 36weeks and not admitting you? To me that's crazy, they would not let me leave after 4cm, (not that I wanted to leave anyways)

Quoting KristinCarr:

I was monitored twice yeaterday and once today. I'm def not in active labor yet. I wishhh I was and I thi k mine does at 4 or 5 but my midwife knows I'm not really progreasing she said I could be another week and with me being only 36 weeks they just want me to hold off and rest at home untill I really go into labor. It sucks. I want her to stay in till sunday because my babyshower is saturday and I can't have my water birth till sunday but I'm so miserable part of me just wants her out!

Quoting SendMeBabyDust:

Ummmm,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM
At my hospital 37 is considered full term and ill be 37 on sunday so they won't stop it. Honestly I wish they would. I'm in a lot of pain and have been for 32 hours now. My midwife said this could last weeks thiugh. I doubt it.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust:

So they are not stopping labor at 36weeks and not admitting you? To me that's crazy, they would not let me leave after 4cm, (not that I wanted to leave anyways)

Quoting KristinCarr:

Quoting SendMeBabyDust:

Ummmm,

lovebugs_mom906
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM
If they are that strong and close together, I would go back in. Who cares if you were monitored twice yesterday and they give you grief. Active labor, I always thought, is just what you described. I would go in, worse case scenario, they send you back home. Otherwise, if you wait too long, you might end up on the news :-)
mrs.ramirez
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Why in the world would they send you home? I would demand to be admitted. 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:13 PM

If you've been having contractions like this for 32hrs how do you know you haven't progressed? Have you been in since they started? It's possible you might need "help" (just having your water broken) to get things moving. I had that issue with DD2. I was 2.5cm for months (since around 30-32wks) then had contractions for over 20hrs, though they were rather sporatic. I went in and had my water broken and my daughter was born 6hrs later, exactly 42wks.

Allie_kat1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Prolly not what you want to hear, but your midwife may be right. I was 4-5cm from 34 weeks with my now 4yr old. I didn't go more than 20 min without contractions for 5weeks when she was finally born @ 39 weeks. Its called prodromal labor, and it is miserable! That being said, try to relax (much easier said than done I know!) And be sure to stay well hydrated as well. Best of luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie_kat1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
She's only 36 weeks, encouraging labor is NOT a good idea right now, especially something as invasive as breaking her water.

Quoting Devious103102:

If you've been having contractions like this for 32hrs how do you know you haven't progressed? Have you been in since they started? It's possible you might need "help" (just having your water broken) to get things moving. I had that issue with DD2. I was 2.5cm for months (since around 30-32wks) then had contractions for over 20hrs, though they were rather sporatic. I went in and had my water broken and my daughter was born 6hrs later, exactly 42wks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Since you are 36 weeks and you have already been seen by your midwives, I would suggest you find a place to take a warm relaxing bath.  Turn out the lights, just lay there, and relax.  Eat and keep hydrated.  You really need your energy.  :)

I was in labor from week 28 on.  They tried to stop my labor obviously, but I still contracted every 3-10 minutes until 35 weeks.  Finally, my water broke at 35 weeks and there was nothing stopping my labor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)