Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Are my expectations TOO HIGH:(

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have a 14 month old and am currently pregnant with my second child due in January.  I switched doctors because I want my doctor to take the time to ask questions, answer questions, explain the do's and don'ts and basically make me feel that they are in this with me.  I was so disappointed after my last dr appt that I almost cried.  The dr met with me for no more than 3 min and then seemed annoyed when I had a question about blood work.  I WANT MORE!! I'm a high risk pregnancy because of my age (40 in Sept) and my history (complications when pregnant with my 14 month old). Should I just make due with who I have or keep searching?

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
esox
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I would look around a little more. Docs like that seem to miss a lot of things because they just won't listen.
victoriaherring
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't have to put up with them acting like they don't care. I'd find someone else.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep searching it would be crazy to have to spend the rest of the year with someone who you don't like. Especially someone I'm paying to treat me and my unborn child.
shjchica
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I would def. find someone else that will take the time and talk with you.

I lucked out with my OB. She's very blunt honest and to the point no matter what the cirucmstances are. A few of my friends go to her and HATE how honest she is, I love it. I tell her flat out don't sugar coat it let me have it. Any questions I had she always answered them in detail and made sure I understood, if I didn't she'd reword it for me. Usually she hit every nail on the head before I got to ask any of my questions.

LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I'd keep searching. You don't want to feel uncomfortable in labor
leew8372
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Have you looked into a CNM instead of an OB?

Pregnancy Ticker

To_the_moon
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Keep looking. You should feel comfortable and happy with who's treating you pregnant or not.
CafeMom Tickers
TaHolley
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Quoting leew8372:

Have you looked into a CNM instead of an OB?

I have thougt about it and have been doing some research on the benefits.

rjmac88
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Keep looking! There are drs out there that follow the midwifery model of care
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM
I've had four kids w four different docs and I've never had a doc spend an inordinate amount of time with me. If something is wrong that needs attention, they are going to let you know. Lawsuits are too rampant for them to ignore any hazards. I realize there are always exceptions, but....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN