Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving and 8 Months Pregnant - Hormones are getting the best of me

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
Leave it to me to be moving, in a heat wave and 8 months pregnant.

Let me just say that I HATE moving. I'm thankful I was able to purchase a new home for my growing family, but trying to pack and move this pregnant is an exercise in futility. I can't bend over, I can't squat, I can't lift. I feel completely useless and its so frustrating. I ended up hiring a moving company because I don't have a lot of help locally other then my brother who I've paid to help me get the new house painted(still not completed yet) and cleaned, help me move stuff and move my landscaping. My husband is so busy with work that he barely has time to help and when he does it feels like he moves at a turtles pace. We have to be out and turn over the keys to our old house in 48 hours and not everything is out let alone the cleaning that we need to do.

I took extra time off of work to try and get some things done and as soon as I get going I start getting a series of contractions. So, I have to stop and test and try to start again. It's crazy. I hate feeling useless and behind. Not to mention with this one I'm bigger now than I was full term with my first.

I feel like a giant hippo who can't get anything done. And one who recently lost her ankles and got a wonderful pair of cankles. Yuck! Don't get me wrong my husband tries to be supportive and tell me I still have ankles and I'm not ginormous, I'm just pregnant. But my hormones and all the stress of everything has gotten the better of me. Sigh.

I think I'll feel better when we are out of the old place and can just focus on the new place setting up the new LO nursery. At least I've been blessed in that our toddler has really taken to the new house well and enjoys his new room.

The silver lining, it will all be done soon. Deep Cleasing Breathes. Right? Then all the work at the new house can begin... Haha just as long as we get the nursery done ill be ok.
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:31 AM

That sucks! I'm 6 months and going to be moving in a couple weeks. Not looking forward to the move, but I'm excited to get into the new house. Good luck!

FinchsMommy
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Quoting alkakfnxcpoem:

That sucks! I'm 6 months and going to be moving in a couple weeks. Not looking forward to the move, but I'm excited to get into the new house. Good luck!

Thanks. Good luck to you too. This heat wave has made it nearly unbearable and I've been greeting close to dehydrated when I try to do too much. I drink water like I breathe air these days. I just have to laugh a little that of course I would be moving this pregnant in a heat wave. My DH almost took a picture of me last night thinking I looked hilarious in shorts and a tube too because I have to dress up for work and when I get home I'm so hot. To make it funny I was sitting there drinking the remainder of a half galling if lemonade resting it on my huge belly. I'm sure I will laugh at it later, but not right now.

The new place doesn't have central air like our old place did, but the trade off is we have twice as much square footage in a better school district.

I know I'm bigger this time around likely because I'm carrying a girl and not a boy and its all in my belly. I have to thank strangers for pointing out and asking if I'm overdue... I laugh and say no I'm going to suffer through the rest of summer before she arrives.

Just get as much help as you can and don't procrastinate like I did on the packing. Or rather that I allows my husband to procrastinate on the packing. Hahaha
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Luckily on the packing front we don't have too much stuff. We just graduated college so we don't have a whole house full of things. But uggg the heat wave is terrible. Naturally I get pregnant and mother nature decides it'll be the hottest summer ever (at least since I've been alive).

Quoting FinchsMommy:

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem:

Thanks. Good luck to you too. This heat wave has made it nearly unbearable and I've been greeting close to dehydrated when I try to do too much. I drink water like I breathe air these days. I just have to laugh a little that of course I would be moving this pregnant in a heat wave. My DH almost took a picture of me last night thinking I looked hilarious in shorts and a tube too because I have to dress up for work and when I get home I'm so hot. To make it funny I was sitting there drinking the remainder of a half galling if lemonade resting it on my huge belly. I'm sure I will laugh at it later, but not right now.

The new place doesn't have central air like our old place did, but the trade off is we have twice as much square footage in a better school district.

I know I'm bigger this time around likely because I'm carrying a girl and not a boy and its all in my belly. I have to thank strangers for pointing out and asking if I'm overdue... I laugh and say no I'm going to suffer through the rest of summer before she arrives.

Just get as much help as you can and don't procrastinate like I did on the packing. Or rather that I allows my husband to procrastinate on the packing. Hahaha

FinchsMommy
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Quoting alkakfnxcpoem:

I know exactly what you meant. Thanks Mother Nature!!!
mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I feel your pain honey.... I wasn't 8 months pregnant (20 weeks)... but I moved from Texas to PA. It sucked. My husband graduated from his ph.d. program, i was still nannying a 3 and 5 year old and we had 3 dogs in an apartment. Thank god my mother flew in for graduation and changed her flight to drive up to PA with me and get us settled. Ask some friends to come over and help. I know no one likes to ask for help these days... but friends are there for you... you just have to ask. 

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured