Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

couldn't be more uncomfortable

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
ive been having a lot of pelvic pain this pregnancy and its bad. I talked to my doctor about it and he said its normal for pelvic muscles to get sore. I asked what I could do to help with the pain n he said nothing. so what kind of advice do any of you guys have.
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clemency3
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM

When I had pelivic pain with my second my OB told me that it sounded like baby was sitting on the bone and to take it easy so she doesn't end up breaking it. So if it is muscle related then some tylenol should help, a heating pad on low, warm bath and all. If it doesn't subside with some bed rest and all that then I would look into other options as to what could be causing the pain. Make sure you are aware of what kind of pain it is...sharp vs. heavy/pressure etc. Because different kinds of pain will be different problems. GL!

CafeMom Tickers
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Chiropractor, massage therapist, massage from SO/Spouse (my chiropractor and massage therapist showed hubby what he can do to help), birthing ball(yoga ball), stretches (my chiropractor and massage therapist showed what I could do to help), bath

Hope it feels better soon

mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I do'nt know if thisis what you mean but...

I have horrible pelvic pain. It's like right on my pubic bone. Gets really bad when i lift a leg while sitting, or try to get out of bed, and every now than I get a random shooting pain in it. It's awkward, because I literally grab my bone while walking down the street. :)

I have heard this is normal, but also that it isn't great... so a lot of people are refered to PT and a lot of women go to chiropracters for it. Your doctor most likely won't refer you to a chiro.... they usually act like chiros are weirdos. You could try one of those and see if your just not aligned properly due to all your pelvic region getting ready for a baby to go through it!

hot_momma633
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
yes! it does feel like that could be it. it hurts really bad about when I try to get out of bed or roll over.

Quoting mamav2215:

I have horrible pelvic pain. It's like right on my pubic bone. Gets really bad when i lift a leg while sitting, or try to get out of bed, and every now than I get a random shooting pain in it. It's awkward, because I literally grab my bone while walking down the street. :)

I have heard this is normal, but also that it isn't great... so a lot of people are refered to PT and a lot of women go to chiropracters for it. Your doctor most likely won't refer you to a chiro.... they usually act like chiros are weirdos. You could try one of those and see if your just not aligned properly due to all your pelvic region getting ready for a baby to go through it!

charley31
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I went to my chiropractor and it helped..maybe a massage would help you too.
mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
I read about this last nite in my research on wtf was going on...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphysis_pubis_dysfunction

talk to your doc/midwife about it. if this is what you have it can affect your birth. I do not have any of tge significant symptoms, just the pain.

Quoting hot_momma633:

yes! it does feel like that could be it. it hurts really bad about when I try to get out of bed or roll over.

Quoting mamav2215:

mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM
btw there is ALWAYS something you can do for pain.... sometimes they're things you may not be comfortable with in pregnancy but its your drs job to tell you them. my on call dr told me "welcome to pregnancy" when I asked what I can do for my extreme back pain (thought I was in early labor).... I am switching practices
jt1013
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh thats great. "welcome to pregnancy" my ass. Sometimes I wonder if these doctors actually knows what it feels like to be pregnant.  

Quoting mamav2215:

btw there is ALWAYS something you can do for pain.... sometimes they're things you may not be comfortable with in pregnancy but its your drs job to tell you them. my on call dr told me "welcome to pregnancy" when I asked what I can do for my extreme back pain (thought I was in early labor).... I am switching practices

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM
It depends on what its from! The pain while rolling over is probably your bones being wonky. Which pt will do Wonders. I'm kind of upset that my dr wouldn't send me sooner. I didn't k ow what I was feeling wasn't normal or how bad I hurt!!!

The sgooting pain could be baby! Gosh it feels so weird! Hard to describe
WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

A maternity belt has been saving my ass. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured