Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Thoughts on my baby name? (you are welcome to share yours too)

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 27 Replies

I am due in two months I am so excited!! :D and I'll find out what I will be having when I give labor. But I have chose my baby name and I want to know what you think of it.

If it's a boy I will name him Daylin Adriel Gallardo

If it's a girl I will name her Aaliyah (ah lee uh) Nevaeh (ne vay ya) Gallardo

But I also like this name for a girl Malaya (mah lay ah) as a first name.

Tell me what you think and if you want to help me with the girl name on making my mind I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks! and share your baby name if you would like too.

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Proudmom0610
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I love Daylin and I like Malaya better because its different...My DD's middle name was going to be Aaliyah but we ended up with Alaya her First name is Ivanna...Good Luck!!!

Smileyneni
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Thanks! :) and I like that name Alaya!! it's almost like Malaya. I love your daughter full name! good name choosing mommy!! :)

Quoting Proudmom0610:

I love Daylin and I like Malaya better because its different...My DD's middle name was going to be Aaliyah but we ended up with Alaya her First name is Ivanna...Good Luck!!!

robibuni
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I'm not fond of them, sorry.

I have NO CLUE what we're naming this baby. I'm only 4 weeks so we have PLENTY of time, but I have no idea where to even begin, y'know? We have an Ariel and an Aurora already. DH wants to stick with an A name again if its a girl. If its a boy, we don't have to keep the A theme.

sprinkles9112
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a huge fan of them, sorry. It's only because I work at a preschool and there are a lot of Aaliyah's, Nevaeh/Neveah's, and Malaya's- believe it or not. Daylin sounds a little femnine to me. I don't say any of that with a mean spirit though. Just wanted to be honest. 

For a boy, we like Leo Atticus. Leo after Leonard DiVinci, Atticus after a character out of To Kill A Mockingbird (favorite book). 

For a girl we like Tesla Blake. Tesla after Nikola Tesla (important Scientist) and I just like Blake for a girl. 

CafeMom Tickers
Devious103102
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Both names are cute but honestly I'm not a fan of Nevaeh. 

queenie7601
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I think both names are cute. I can't say I've met any boys names Daylin or girls named Malaya. Both adorable names :-) 

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Not fond of either girl name as for the boy name I actually knew a girl named Daylin.
For a girl I have Michaela Ann (after my father Michael and my mom her middle name is Ann). For a boy im stuck between Braxton Thomas or Liam Thomas.
Holland04
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I'm not a fan of how the first and middle name flow but hey it's your baby. My older son is James Christopher (after his grandfather and great grandfather). My current DS will be name Lucas Alan (after George Lucas) and Alan is my hubby's middle name. Had this baby been a girl she would have been Lena Elizabeth (after her great grandmother on my side and my husband's side) or Mykayla Grace. 

Faith101412
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Aaliyah is my favorite and i love the name Nevaeh. Daylin is really cute and unique! I couldnt wait until delivery to find out the sex i am way to impatient haha, i cant wait to find out in a few weeks. But if its a girl it will be Ayla Marie and if its a boy it will be Ian Kevin

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

This- except I don't work with kids. lol

My mom used to own a daycare though and the names you have chosen, OP, were gaining popularity when she closed it down.

Quoting sprinkles9112:

I'm not a huge fan of them, sorry. It's only because I work at a preschool and there are a lot of Aaliyah's, Nevaeh/Neveah's, and Malaya's- believe it or not. Daylin sounds a little femnine to me. I don't say any of that with a mean spirit though. Just wanted to be honest. 

For a boy, we like Leo Atticus. Leo after Leonard DiVinci, Atticus after a character out of To Kill A Mockingbird (favorite book). 

For a girl we like Tesla Blake. Tesla after Nikola Tesla (important Scientist) and I just like Blake for a girl. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN