Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

35 weeks pregnant and on bed rest!!!

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been on bed rest for over a week now. The first couple days family came to help out, but now everyone has kind of disappeared. My husband does what he can when he's home such as cooking dinner (to the best of his abilities), putting the dishes away and reloading the dishwasher and laundry. But he works a 50 hour a week job, and is very tired when he comes home. I'll all or text someone who has promised to help but I'm ignored or quickly dismissed. How do I deal with not being able to do what I feel I should be doing and with the people who said they would help but have found other thongs to do like last minute day trips out of town...
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GwenMB
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Can you hire a local teen or tween to come help for a couple hours a day?

vdpfing1231
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM
My younger brother has planned to come stay with us when he gets home from camp to help out but its not for another week. My mother dropped off 2 of my sisters to help Saturday but every time they were asked to do something they complained and called my mother to come get them after a few hours. My mother in law calls and asks if I need anything everyday but she is the soul care giver to her mother who is ill. I just wish my family and friends would try to help us out. But its an inconvenience to them.
Princess111201
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:06 AM

i hope everything gets better for you. and im sorry youre struggling with not being able to rely on people to help you. why have they put you on bedrest? is everything okay?

allornone
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Do you have children at home?

vdpfing1231
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I don't have any children at home and I am on bedrest because my blood pressure has been high and they don't want me to develop preeclampsia.
JSEsMom
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Feel your pain....I was on bed rest from 20 weeks to 36 weeks with one of my kids. Our system was to set up a cooler at night with snacks and stuff during the day & DH would come home and cook dinner, etc. at night. You just have to let go of the guilt....you are safely growing a BABY. It's all about the baby now and once you deliver, you'll be able to help out again. This is just a small blip in the whole scheme of your life. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)