Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help!!! bad morning sickness

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hello I'm 7 weeks and I have really bad morning sickness. Nothing I eat will stay down and now it has kinda a pinkish red color to it. Please help. Anyone have any advice? I'm also cramping really really bad
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyBirdy
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I know exactly how you feel, I don't think kept any solid food down my whole 1st Trimester! I lived on juices, Oatmeal (instant Peaches and Cream) applesauce (all kinds) and Pudding like you can't believe!! Thank the good Lord for Ginger and Peppermint!! 

Try to eat a lot of teeny, tiny meals all day and Preggo Pops really do work.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

This too shall pass, I promise, I'm 18 weeks, it will get better.

WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Talk to your dr about some zofran. If your not keeping anything down and your cramping your prob dehydrated and thats no good. I would call him now. 

HHx5
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM
If there is nothing that makes you feel better even for a little while, your OB can prescribe an antinausea medicine to calm your stomach. For me, it was a matter of finding something that agreed with my stomach and kept me from getting hungry, be it cereal, potato chips, or a boring turkey and cheese sandwich. As long as I ate bland, filling foods, I could keep the nausea down. But, once I got sick, I was sick for hours. I hope you feel better quickly. I know it sucks.
Faith101412
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Im 12 weeks and have had the same problem, if you are cramping you are most likely dehydrated i would deff call your doctor because i have had to get fluids quite a few times, they can also perscribe you zofran which will help with the sickness at least enough to keep a little something down. Try eating a lot of little meals instead of something big. Crackers, dry cereal, jello, pudding, popcicles. Keep some hard candy in your pocket and keep them in your mouth 24/7. Peppermint works great anything minty.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM

motherhood maternity has preggy pops for morning sickness.  They work great and taste good too

Jewls08
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I so understand you! With my first 2 pregnancies I was so sick, was hospitalized multiple times due to dehydration cos I couldn't even keep down water. I ended up having IV and a visiting nurse at home. I lost 26lb with 1st pregnancy. All of this I think happened to me cos I didn't know what worked better, for instance they prescribed Zofran 4mg and it didn't work. This time i got pretty sick again, my midwife recommended zofran 8 mg and it helped much better.
LevisMommy82
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I would encourge going to the doctors, they can give you an IV fluid to stop that and also help with the acid you are probably experiencing! FEEL BETTER! :(

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM

mints and if that doesnt help any talk to your dr!

Supermommyof423
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM
What are preggy pops?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

motherhood maternity has preggy pops for morning sickness.  They work great and taste good too

Supermommyof423
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I would try a smoothie or peanut butter crackers. Watermelon Jolly Ranchers helped my nausea problem. Whatever you try and are able to keep it down I would try it again. French toast helped me alot to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured