Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How soon after did you go into labor when....

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 41 Replies
How soon after you lost your mucus plug and had your bloody show did you go into labor?
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I lost my plug last friday (not yesterday the one before), still not in labor.

Lovinbeinamom5
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
No bloody show too? How far along are you? Hope labor starts for you soon. :)
Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Sometimes the plug isnt bloody, I am 36w 1d today. I hope it starts soon as well. :)

Quoting Lovinbeinamom5:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Megan.Aber
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Bloody show same day for both.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I never had blood show or lost my plug till I was already in labor. 

rjmac88
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM
First baby.... Pushed my plug out with the first push to deliver her. No bloody show. Had her at 41w3d

Second baby... Labor began 10 hours after I lost my plug, had blood show right as labor began. Born at 41w1d

Third baby... No bloody show, lost plug in chunks starting at 33 weeks. Born on due date

This baby...have been losing my plug since 31 weeks, I am 37 weeks now and no sign of labor anytime soon.
Lovinbeinamom5
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Ha I am 36 weeks 2 days. I am just asking because I went into the hospital for contractions every 3 minutes. Was told it was early labor and to go home and relax. The next night lost my mucus plug and had bloody show and every once in a while will have another large part of mucus come out (sorry tmi) and sometimes a little pink along with that. This is my third baby and I don't remember with my first and think with my second it was around a week and I went into labor. Wanted to know others experience :)
Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Sometimes the plug isnt bloody, I am 36w 1d today. I hope it starts soon as well. :)

Quoting Lovinbeinamom5:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM

LOL this is my first experience with regards to losing a mucus plug. Never lost it with my first two. And I was induced with them. I am hoping I go into labor on my own this time before the c section date. My doc says if I do she will let me try naturally.

Quoting Lovinbeinamom5:

Ha I am 36 weeks 2 days. I am just asking because I went into the hospital for contractions every 3 minutes. Was told it was early labor and to go home and relax. The next night lost my mucus plug and had bloody show and every once in a while will have another large part of mucus come out (sorry tmi) and sometimes a little pink along with that. This is my third baby and I don't remember with my first and think with my second it was around a week and I went into labor. Wanted to know others experience :)
Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Quoting Lovinbeinamom5:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

a week

CelestialSong
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM

They happened at the same time for me. I was sleeping and a contraction woke me up, and when it was over I went to the bathroom and was treated to some mucus and blood :P Although I guess I wasn't in active labor yet, but my contractions were regular and timeable right from the start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)