Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Newborn photography

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 194 Replies
How much would you expect to pay a private photographer. (She gives you a cd, not prints)

I have a friend who does it by donation of what you can afford only. But I don't Want to rip her off either
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awilliamson
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM
My SIL is not professional, by any means, but she has a lot of clients. I think her 30 minute sessions are $45. 1 hour sessions are $90.
villagemamma
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I got a 1hr sessions for $75 dollars (and she came to me) from a friend that was trying to build her portfolio. I let her use the pics she took to advertise with. Most photographers love that sort of thing

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Not sure. The photographers out here are absurdly high (1,800 for a birth session, a few prints, and the cd) so I don't even know what's reasonable. 

Karasfirst
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM
4 moms liked this
I charge $100.00 for a two hour session. Sometimes it takes longer, since most shots you want/need baby to sleep. I provide all props, backdrops, unless you have something specific you want. I provide the option for discounted prints, but also a cd of 30 edited prints. You get what you pay for in the photography business.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM

A friend of mine is a photographer.  For newborn or family photos, we pay her 125 and she just gives us a cd too. 

wkukid
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a package deal for the newborn, 3,6,9,12 month old photos. Our package we picked was 3600. That's including photos and the cd though.
kraziandkoul
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If it's a professional photographer (not amateur) I would say at least $100. I pay about $150 for our session, than additional if I want a CD or prints.

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM

im really not sure. what does she charge others? does she have a discounted rate? i would at least offer to pay for the cd

rjmac88
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM
She doesn't charge anyone. She said she used to but it became joyless so now she just does it for fun

Quoting lillucky8:

im really not sure. what does she charge others? does she have a discounted rate? i would at least offer to pay for the cd

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd say at least $100 but factor in the time of the session, time for editing. If she's with you for hours, i'd give her more.
And here, the "good" photographers charge an arm and a leg for the disk. Those just starting out will include it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)