Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st time pregnant!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:38 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hi all i am going to be a 1st time mom, right now i am 10 weeks pregnant so i still don't know if it's a boy or girl(secretly hoping it's a girl) Due Nov.29 so like most pregnant mom i am trying to do as much research about everything as possible and was wondering if any mom is considering saving the cord blood?? I received some info from ViaCord and i was wondering if any one else out the is considering it, has had it done or heard of some one how has used it. Any insight  you guys can shed on this subject for me would be great.

by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Blondesmv
by on May. 7, 2007 at 11:51 AM
I want to but we cant afford to.
E.Luna
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:33 PM
If you could afford it ,its a  great thing I wanted 2 save it but it adds up !!! Its not cheep 2 save that cord ! and congrats on your pregnancy !!!
sandy_p
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:47 PM
i have looked into it and decided if we didnt bank it the least i would do is donate it to research. you just tell you dr. that you want to donate it so when they cut the cord they can save it.
pregnantterry
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Hi there,

I am 12 weeks pregnant with my first- I am also secretly hoping it is a girl!

I am an older mom (36) and probably am thinking about this differently because I am older. I know I wouldn't have spent the money at 22!

My husband and I have decided to do it. It costs $1500 for the procedure and about 120 a year for storage.

We are planning on having more kids but are only going to save the stem cells from the first pregnancy.

Here is the beauty of this- any family member has the potential of being a match...so it is really an investment in a whole family, not just the one child.

We figure the baby is due in November and our tax check will cover it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)