Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Probiotic and pregnancy is it safe??

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi my name is Emily I'm 28 and a mother to four children with one more on the way. I've never had a problem with constipation with any of my other kids until this baby. Omg it's AWFUL. I know it's from my vitamins I'm taking because I took a break and my bowel movements returned to normal. I've tried diff kinds of vit and its all the same. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a probiotic while pregnant? I took them before pregnancy religiously because of the benefits but I stopped because I was unsure weather they were safe for baby. Any help would be awesome!! I'm 9 weeks btw :)
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
justme00
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I take them daily. I have never heard anything about it not being safe when pregnant. I really don't see how it can hurt anything its the same as eating a lot of yogert.
3greatkids751
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Ok awesome thanks so much. I think it will help a bit with me being so friggin constipated lol.

Quoting justme00:

I take them daily. I have never heard anything about it not being safe when pregnant. I really don't see how it can hurt anything its the same as eating a lot of yogert.
3greatkids751
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Ok awesome thanks so much. I think it will help a bit with me being so friggin constipated lol.

Quoting justme00:

justme00
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Your welcome. I hope it helps you. It helps me I have IBS tho when I am pregnant it gos dorrment and I get backed up.

Quoting 3greatkids751:

Quoting justme00:

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Yep, but I'd recommend some from a health food store vs the ones you find in the pharmacy.
TattooedMom104
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I may get bashed for this but I actually dont take prenatals anymore. I tried so many different kinds but they all made me throw up 24-7. I tried taking them with nausea meds, everything. If they make you that miserable maybe consider not taking them and just eating healthy?

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Have you tried natural based vitamins? This last pregnancy was the first one I took them with for the same reason. Went over to a natural one, and had no problem. Could even take them without food.

Quoting TattooedMom104:

I may get bashed for this but I actually dont take prenatals anymore. I tried so many different kinds but they all made me throw up 24-7. I tried taking them with nausea meds, everything. If they make you that miserable maybe consider not taking them and just eating healthy?

TattooedMom104
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Im not sure Ive tried so many. Do you get them at health food stores?

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Have you tried natural based vitamins? This last pregnancy was the first one I took them with for the same reason. Went over to a natural one, and had no problem. Could even take them without food.

Quoting TattooedMom104:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)