Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Probiotic and pregnancy is it safe??

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi my name is Emily I'm 28 and a mother to four children with one more on the way. I've never had a problem with constipation with any of my other kids until this baby. Omg it's AWFUL. I know it's from my vitamins I'm taking because I took a break and my bowel movements returned to normal. I've tried diff kinds of vit and its all the same. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a probiotic while pregnant? I took them before pregnancy religiously because of the benefits but I stopped because I was unsure weather they were safe for baby. Any help would be awesome!! I'm 9 weeks btw :)
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
justme00
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I take them daily. I have never heard anything about it not being safe when pregnant. I really don't see how it can hurt anything its the same as eating a lot of yogert.
3greatkids751
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Ok awesome thanks so much. I think it will help a bit with me being so friggin constipated lol.

Quoting justme00:

I take them daily. I have never heard anything about it not being safe when pregnant. I really don't see how it can hurt anything its the same as eating a lot of yogert.
3greatkids751
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Ok awesome thanks so much. I think it will help a bit with me being so friggin constipated lol.

Quoting justme00:

justme00
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Your welcome. I hope it helps you. It helps me I have IBS tho when I am pregnant it gos dorrment and I get backed up.

Quoting 3greatkids751:

Quoting justme00:

LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Yep, but I'd recommend some from a health food store vs the ones you find in the pharmacy.
TattooedMom104
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I may get bashed for this but I actually dont take prenatals anymore. I tried so many different kinds but they all made me throw up 24-7. I tried taking them with nausea meds, everything. If they make you that miserable maybe consider not taking them and just eating healthy?

LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Have you tried natural based vitamins? This last pregnancy was the first one I took them with for the same reason. Went over to a natural one, and had no problem. Could even take them without food.

Quoting TattooedMom104:

I may get bashed for this but I actually dont take prenatals anymore. I tried so many different kinds but they all made me throw up 24-7. I tried taking them with nausea meds, everything. If they make you that miserable maybe consider not taking them and just eating healthy?

TattooedMom104
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Im not sure Ive tried so many. Do you get them at health food stores?

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Have you tried natural based vitamins? This last pregnancy was the first one I took them with for the same reason. Went over to a natural one, and had no problem. Could even take them without food.

Quoting TattooedMom104:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN