Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Thinking im heading to L&D ***update inside***

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

Welps mommas... (im 33.5 weeks pregnant with twin boys, one at 6.25 pounds and the other at 5.5 pounds)

Past two days ive felt like complete crap. Random Nausea, headache, hurts to use bathroom cause of pressure on my bladder, dizziness sitting still, emotional (very) and today mainly feeling contractions. 

Started at about 1030 this morning, I would feel a contraction then a bunch of cramps, then a contraction again. I thought it was BH. Back started hurting, nothing new. Then at about 1230 I noticed my contractions were getting pretty regular at 8-10 minutes apart with cramps in between. So I timed them and decided at one I would go for a walk for about 15 minutes. This normally helps ease my BH and I feel better after words. I sat down at 1:20 with a glass of ice water and some pretzels. 8 minutes later I feel a contraction, then 2 minutes later a cramp then back pain with slight contraction on end of it. Litterally two minutes later I felt the strongest contaction ive ever felt. At 150 another contraction. So I guess im gonna head on up to labor an delivery and be checked. Since baby a is engaged I know that with the contractions could cause dialation.. so well see... im not looking forward to possibly being kept again I know that much.

Update: Well I headed to L&D shortly after I posted this, they checked my cervix I was thinning but not dialating at that time. About an hour later my contractions just stopped. Like abruptly I was having them 8 minutes apart like clock work and they stopped. It was weird. They kept me hooked up to the monitor for another hour, with no other contractions they sent me home. I went home and actually had a little bit of energy, cleaned up the house some did dishes took a warm shower and went to bed. At about 1 this morning I woke up to some severe period like cramps luckily I found a good position after using the bathroom and could go back to sleep. I slept until 715 which was great because lately ive been getting up at 5 or so with no ryhme or reason as to why just wide awake. Well I got up had a solid cramp for like 20 minutes and have been crampy ever since, but no contractions as of yet. I am at work and have let them know if it happens again and its steady I will not be waiting it out this time but that I will be going to the hospital. My manager said if I could make it until the afternoon thatd be great, simply because Im one of the harder workers and we need two people to cover the work that I do so the afternoon is when were fully staffed. I told him my goal was to make it the entire day, but I have no idea what will happen so im just winging it. I feel okay for the most part this morning minus the cramps. Babies are moving especially when I drink something but the baby in my pevlis area is not as active as normal. My goal is to make it until my NST on wednesday so that I dont have to take time off of work. Thats about all I got right now.. 

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jlee38340
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:06 PM
good luck momma. i think your making the right choice being checked.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Good luck! You are definitely doing the right thing. :)

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Good luck!

Schizomom91
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Goos luck, don't forget to update :)
Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM

keep us posted, good luck!

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Good luck!
MalloryR
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Good luck!
Just.1.More
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:38 AM

any update?? hope everything went well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)