Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Weird pain that suddenly stopped?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
I was in pain to the point where we were in the Truck about to go to the hospital... it felt like a really bad Uti that made me have contractions... then it just stopped completely out of nowhere..... I'm so confused now
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM
How far along are you? It could have been a gas bubble. Are you staying hydrated?
Schizomom91
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Yep, hydrated good... I'm 29 weeks

Quoting TTC2Long:

How far along are you? It could have been a gas bubble. Are you staying hydrated?

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM
If it stays stopped I'd chalk it up to either a gas bubble or maybe a cramp that pulled your round ligament. Pregnancy makes your body react in weird ways to normal things! I hope it stays away. :)

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Schizomom91
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM
It wasn't tummy pain... it hurt more in my vagona

Quoting TTC2Long:

If it stays stopped I'd chalk it up to either a gas bubble or maybe a cramp that pulled your round ligament. Pregnancy makes your body react in weird ways to normal things! I hope it stays away. :)

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Gas bubbles can happen anywhere! I've had them in my shoulder and upper back. It could also have been baby's position at the time. Maybe the head was sitting on a nerve, then he/she shifted. Regardless, if it stays away or comes and goes, I'd bring it up at your next appointment, but not freak. :)

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Schizomom91
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Ok :)

Quoting TTC2Long:

Gas bubbles can happen anywhere! I've had them in my shoulder and upper back. It could also have been baby's position at the time. Maybe the head was sitting on a nerve, then he/she shifted. Regardless, if it stays away or comes and goes, I'd bring it up at your next appointment, but not freak. :)

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Schizomom91
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Well, it comes and goes about every 30 mins... I feel fine then slowly the pain in my vagina returns and not long after, my tummy starts hardening. .. gonna try L&D if it hasn't stopped after dinner

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Ok, with that description I know exactly what you're talking about! The hardening is Braxton-Hicks. Totally normal and 4/hr or less, regardless of pain or strength, is fine. Probably what's happening is that when the bh, a practice contraction, starts, it pushes your lo's head down onto a nerve or your cervix. This is part of the fun of pregnancy! As long as its causing no progression, i.e. change in your cervical length or dilation, its nothing to worry about. Go to spinningbabies.com and learn and do the forward-leaning inversions. Those should help. :)

Quoting Schizomom91:

Well, it comes and goes about every 30 mins... I feel fine then slowly the pain in my vagina returns and not long after, my tummy starts hardening. .. gonna try L&D if it hasn't stopped after dinner

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Allisonc7910
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM

The contracting may be just a result of whatever is bothering you down there.  I started getting contractions because of really bad stomach indigestion.  Everything is interconnected it seems.

Schizomom91
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Many thanks!! I'm used to the bh, but lo's turned head down yesterday so I guess this is the result of that... hopefully she will reposition so I don't have to deal with it for the next 10 weeks!

Quoting TTC2Long:

Ok, with that description I know exactly what you're talking about! The hardening is Braxton-Hicks. Totally normal and 4/hr or less, regardless of pain or strength, is fine. Probably what's happening is that when the bh, a practice contraction, starts, it pushes your lo's head down onto a nerve or your cervix. This is part of the fun of pregnancy! As long as its causing no progression, i.e. change in your cervical length or dilation, its nothing to worry about. Go to spinningbabies.com and learn and do the forward-leaning inversions. Those should help. :)

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Schizomom91:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)