Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cramping after ovulation. Conception?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

I don't remember experiencing this with my previous pregnancies. My lmp started on the 4th so I should have ovulated between the 16th and 20th and my next period should begin on Aug 1st. DH and I DTD on the 17th and today I've been experiencing menstral-like cramping accompanied with a dull lower back ache and a bit of a headache. Has anyone experienced this after ovulation? What was the result? Pregnant/not pregnant?

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM

im in the same boat so ill let you know...

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I tend to cramp around ovulation or so.  It is one of my signs that ovulation has occured for me.  Good luck!

PinkHart
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
You could have ovulated earlier and it be implantation. I cramped and had semi painful twinges for a week after I implanted with the baby I just lot. Didn't have anything like that with my other two.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Yes I get that sometimes. No I am not pregnant.

mamav2215
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I have no idea what is causing your symptoms. but i have always had those symptoms after ovulation.  i guess time will tell for you! good luck!

mamav2215
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM

on another note... if the above poster is right and you ovulated earlier and it's implantation that is happening. i had cramps for WEEKS after implantation and headaches. 

babyfish0511
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Cramping around the time of ovulation is normal. The symptoms experienced between ovulation and menstruation can be very easily confused with pregnancy symptoms since they're basically the same. I can't tell you how many times I thought I was pregnant because I was experiencing symptoms and I was not pregnant. The only way to be for sure is to wait til AF is due and take a test! I started cramping a week after ovulation and my cramping continued all the way til I was 10 weeks pregnant! (I am now 13 weeks 3 days) I thought something was wrong since I have had multiple miscarriages in the past but the cramping is totally normal. It's due to implantation and the uterus growing and stretching and the organs moving to make room for Baby. I waited til AF was 4 days late and got my BFP! So, you really never know. Take a test when the time is right and let us know! GL! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN