Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it hard to find someone when you are a single mom with one child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Im focused on me and my baby....she is and will always be my first priority. Im just wondering if it will be hard to find someone because it seems like everyone is saying that most guys now a days are not like any other, and most of them just cant handle someone with a kid. Me personally though, I think a woman with a kid would be more lovable for a man. I quess it just depends on the man? Obviously. But tell me, have you met someone after becoming a single mother? Any stories?

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (11-17):
ilovemykids732
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I met my DH when my ds was a few months old, he accepted my son as soon as he met him... :) We have been together for 8 and a half years, DS is 9 years old... we have one son together who is 3, and one in my tummy :)

It's scary for a guy to meet a woman with kids... but I know a few guys who would go after a woman with kids no questions asked... :)

ChandraSeay
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Until recently I was a single mother of three boys and not many guys had a problem with it.

Roomfor1more
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I have 5 kids from a previous marriage..I had been with my ex for 15 years...we split for multiple reasons the biggest being that he got mixed up into bad shit & became abusive.   My fiance was a friend that was there for me and my kids when I needed a friend and protection when the ex went crazy stalker on me....our relationship developed over time and it's obvious now that it was meant to be...he adores all 5 of my kids and they love him and call him dad.   After we are legally married he wants to adopt my kids, so no it's not always hard to find someone when you have kids....just keep in mind that if a child is an issue for them, they aren't the one for you.

Best of luck.

Bailer795
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM
This exactly for me. Except my sons father and I brOke up when I was only 3 months pregnant. I spent the next 2 or so years jumping from guy to guy, having my fun, got my heart broken numerous times by guys who said they were into me and were okay with the fact that I had a child but turned out to not be able to handle it. I finally had given up and then bam, my now fiancé walked into my life, and now we are expecting our first together.

Being a single mom sure makes the road a lot more difficult, but it's not impossible. It takes time, and you may even end up broken hearted a few times... But the right one will show up.

Quoting marissabrookee:

I had my daughter at 18... things didn't work out with her father and we broke up when she was 2. I dated around and had my fun for 2 years then finally when I was 21 I met my current boyfriend (soon to be fiancé and father to my unborn child). It is very possible you just can't settle for the first guy you meet. Find someone who cares about your child as much as you do and you're set!

HHx5
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM
A real man, a mature man will not be scared off or discouraged just because you have a child. I was a single mom of 4 and kept meeting guys at work. However, even though they didn't mind that I had children, I was really concerned about getting hurt again. I met my now-DH at work. I turned him down the first few times but he was persistent and I eventually said yes. Our first date was at McDonalds with all the kids! We are both previously divorced. He has 2 older children. We've been happily married for 2.5 yrs.
jojo_star
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I was always a single mother, from the time I got pregnant to when I was 5, when I married my husband. 

animalluvr90
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
It's very possible :) I had my first and her father didnt want anything to do with us so I left him (he still has no contact with her) when she was around 11 months I met my current bf (getting engaged and married soon) and were having our second baby due in October :) he treats her like its his first and she's the only daddy she's ever known. The right man will come around for you :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)