Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walk of Shame

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
So I called my Dr. Last night at 10pm because of contractions that were exactly 3 min apart and kind of fierce. I'm 37wks. Headed to L&D. We were so excited! Turns out that after 6 hours of contractions and 2 bags of IV fluid I was dehydrated. No baby today. I am so bummed and embarrassed that I caused such a big stink over nothing. I mean really. My urine output was frequent at home and I've bumped up my fluids so how was I to know that I was dehydrated? Absolutely no change in my cervix at all. I hated walking out of the hospital with no baby when I was wheeled in having contractions.
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

=( this is my fear ill have false labor think its real cause a fuss with my bf leaving work and then just to walk out with it being a false alarm. soon enough!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

RhondaVeggie
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I went in with contractions every two minutes at about 39 weeks. A woman saw me going in and told me I'd be pushing within the half hour. Passed her again on the way out two hours later, she looked as put out as I felt. 

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Happens to most :)

CelestialSong
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel too bad. I did the same thing... only I didn't have a legitimate reason to have gone to the hospital (like being dehydrated), I just wasn't quite in active labor yet... even after over 24 hours of regular timeable contractions that were getting very difficult to manage and close together. But I was only 1cm dilated :/ My midwife made me walk around for an hour and nothing had changed so she sent me home and told me to sleep. "Sent home in shame" is how I put it :P

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

That happens quite a bit 8)

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It happens. 

HHx5
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
So sorry! I know what u mean though about not realizing you are dehydrated. My heartburn is so bad it's hard to drink enough without aggravating the heartburn. Milk is a temporary fix. I've had a lot of continuous contractions, not that as close or consistent as yours but def more than the rule of thumb of no more than 4 an hour. Really aggravating. 4.5 more wks for me.
Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM

No shame, it happens!  S/he will be here before you know it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured